Asus SLI Delux On Board NV Lan not working

Hi

yester day i discarded the Wifi and want to use Nvidia Lan which is on board

it is working fine
after i install nvidia firewall Lan port is not working.
and firewall browser configuration is also not working, error is unable
to connect to localhost:3476
yesterday NV Lan use to get ip, but i couldnt able to browse the net

i downloaded latest Nforce 6.66 and installed still the same problem.
i uninstalled the nv firewall and every thing and let windows xp detect
nv lan while booting, and install driver alone.
now i am not even getting ip address
the address it gets is 164.255.244.75 some thing like this.

Any one give me some clues on how to trouble shoot such a kind of problems.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Chandra
3 answers Last reply
More about asus delux board working

    You may have damaged winsock settings in the registry.
    Try to search for the file "winsockXPfix.exe" on the internet
    download and run this to fix your registry. Please note the winsock
    file itself is ok it's only the registry that is screwed up.

    Good luck

    Crashpilot

    Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    one funny thing is when i un install nvidia firewall things are working
    fine.
    when i install nvidia firewall , i can still get ip to nv ethernet card,
    but i cannot browse the net in the browser,
    i can also use irc chat.
    looks wired to me.

    can you please send me the file in the email if possible?

    since i cannot browse the net

    Regards
    Chandra

    chandra wrote:
    > one funny thing is when i un install nvidia firewall things are working
    > fine.
    > when i install nvidia firewall , i can still get ip to nv ethernet card,
    > but i cannot browse the net in the browser,
    > i can also use irc chat.
    > looks wired to me.

    I don't know many people that got the nVidia firewall working properly.
    I know I didn't, not after 30 odd reinstalls. So my suggestion to you
    is: uninstall the nVidia firewall and use any other firewall instead.

Asus LAN Firewalls Motherboards