Asus A8N Deluxe will not post!

ME

I purchased a ASUS A8n Deluxe mobo and it will not post, no video no
audio, no nothing. The green light on the motherboard comes on, and it
will respond to the power switch, the fans on the mobo and the video
card spin up, the three lights on the keyboard flash, but that's it.
It will also respond to the power switch if I hold it on for 4
seconds, and act like it goes to sleep, I.E. the power light on the
case goes out, but nothing else on the board changes, the fans stay
running. I have to phsically turn off the power to get the fans to
stop.

I have swapped the ram around a little, tried using one bank,
and nothing seems to make any differnece to it.

I am thinking ov taking it back to Frys and swapping it out.

Oh yeah I also swapped out the original power supply a 275 watter,
for a 400 watter.

Asus A8N deluxe
AMD 3200+ socket 939
Corsair twinx1024 3200C2PT ram (2 x 512)
Seagate SATA 160 hard drive
Plextor SATA 716 DVD
Leadtek PX6600TD 128 meg vid card

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

wookie

You getting any beeps?

"Me" <nope@noway.com> wrote in message
>I purchased a ASUS A8n Deluxe mobo and it will not post, no video no
> audio, no nothing. The green light on the motherboard comes on, and it
> will respond to the power switch, the fans on the mobo and the video
> card spin up, the three lights on the keyboard flash, but that's it.
> It will also respond to the power switch if I hold it on for 4
> seconds, and act like it goes to sleep, I.E. the power light on the
> case goes out, but nothing else on the board changes, the fans stay
> running. I have to phsically turn off the power to get the fans to
> stop.
>
> I have swapped the ram around a little, tried using one bank,
> and nothing seems to make any differnece to it.
>
> I am thinking ov taking it back to Frys and swapping it out.
>
> Oh yeah I also swapped out the original power supply a 275 watter,
> for a 400 watter.
>
> Asus A8N deluxe
> AMD 3200+ socket 939
> Corsair twinx1024 3200C2PT ram (2 x 512)
> Seagate SATA 160 hard drive
> Plextor SATA 716 DVD
> Leadtek PX6600TD 128 meg vid card
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Scott

It's embarrassing to admit but when my A8N-Premium wouldn't post I
discovered it was because I hadn't connected the 4-pin ATX connector to
the Mobo. For some foolish newbie reason, I thought that connector was
only for Intel boards and not AMD.......................

Me wrote:
> I purchased a ASUS A8n Deluxe mobo and it will not post, no video no
> audio, no nothing. The green light on the motherboard comes on, and it
> will respond to the power switch, the fans on the mobo and the video
> card spin up, the three lights on the keyboard flash, but that's it.
> It will also respond to the power switch if I hold it on for 4
> seconds, and act like it goes to sleep, I.E. the power light on the
> case goes out, but nothing else on the board changes, the fans stay
> running. I have to phsically turn off the power to get the fans to
> stop.
>
> I have swapped the ram around a little, tried using one bank,
> and nothing seems to make any differnece to it.
>
> I am thinking ov taking it back to Frys and swapping it out.
>
> Oh yeah I also swapped out the original power supply a 275 watter,
> for a 400 watter.
>
> Asus A8N deluxe
> AMD 3200+ socket 939
> Corsair twinx1024 3200C2PT ram (2 x 512)
> Seagate SATA 160 hard drive
> Plextor SATA 716 DVD
> Leadtek PX6600TD 128 meg vid card
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

ME

No beeps, nothing...

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:58:22 -0700, "Wookie" <Tom@comcast.net> wrote:

>You getting any beeps?
>

>"Me" <nope@noway.com> wrote in message
>>I purchased a ASUS A8n Deluxe mobo and it will not post, no video no
>> audio, no nothing. The green light on the motherboard comes on, and it
>> will respond to the power switch, the fans on the mobo and the video
>> card spin up, the three lights on the keyboard flash, but that's it.
>> It will also respond to the power switch if I hold it on for 4
>> seconds, and act like it goes to sleep, I.E. the power light on the
>> case goes out, but nothing else on the board changes, the fans stay
>> running. I have to phsically turn off the power to get the fans to
>> stop.
>>
>> I have swapped the ram around a little, tried using one bank,
>> and nothing seems to make any differnece to it.
>>
>> I am thinking ov taking it back to Frys and swapping it out.
>>
>> Oh yeah I also swapped out the original power supply a 275 watter,
>> for a 400 watter.
>>
>> Asus A8N deluxe
>> AMD 3200+ socket 939
>> Corsair twinx1024 3200C2PT ram (2 x 512)
>> Seagate SATA 160 hard drive
>> Plextor SATA 716 DVD
>> Leadtek PX6600TD 128 meg vid card
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dan

ME

I thought that was just to power up the video cards for a sli rig, do
I need it just to use one card...hmmm I will try it.

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:03:05 -0500, Scott <scm207@nospam.net> wrote:

>It's embarrassing to admit but when my A8N-Premium wouldn't post I
>discovered it was because I hadn't connected the 4-pin ATX connector to
>the Mobo. For some foolish newbie reason, I thought that connector was
>only for Intel boards and not AMD.......................
>

>Me wrote:
>> I purchased a ASUS A8n Deluxe mobo and it will not post, no video no
>> audio, no nothing. The green light on the motherboard comes on, and it
>> will respond to the power switch, the fans on the mobo and the video
>> card spin up, the three lights on the keyboard flash, but that's it.
>> It will also respond to the power switch if I hold it on for 4
>> seconds, and act like it goes to sleep, I.E. the power light on the
>> case goes out, but nothing else on the board changes, the fans stay
>> running. I have to phsically turn off the power to get the fans to
>> stop.
>>
>> I have swapped the ram around a little, tried using one bank,
>> and nothing seems to make any differnece to it.
>>
>> I am thinking ov taking it back to Frys and swapping it out.
>>
>> Oh yeah I also swapped out the original power supply a 275 watter,
>> for a 400 watter.
>>
>> Asus A8N deluxe
>> AMD 3200+ socket 939
>> Corsair twinx1024 3200C2PT ram (2 x 512)
>> Seagate SATA 160 hard drive
>> Plextor SATA 716 DVD
>> Leadtek PX6600TD 128 meg vid card
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dan

ME

I tried it, no luck, it still just sits there, no beeps, no video,
nothing...

I tried to move the ram around, two banks in A1 and B1,
one bank in B1, one bank in A1, no difference...

I guess that I will take it back to Fry's and get another one...

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:20:50 -0500, Me <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>I thought that was just to power up the video cards for a sli rig, do
>I need it just to use one card...hmmm I will try it.
>

>On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:03:05 -0500, Scott <scm207@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>>It's embarrassing to admit but when my A8N-Premium wouldn't post I
>>discovered it was because I hadn't connected the 4-pin ATX connector to
>>the Mobo. For some foolish newbie reason, I thought that connector was
>>only for Intel boards and not AMD.......................
>>

>>Me wrote:
>>> I purchased a ASUS A8n Deluxe mobo and it will not post, no video no
>>> audio, no nothing. The green light on the motherboard comes on, and it
>>> will respond to the power switch, the fans on the mobo and the video
>>> card spin up, the three lights on the keyboard flash, but that's it.
>>> It will also respond to the power switch if I hold it on for 4
>>> seconds, and act like it goes to sleep, I.E. the power light on the
>>> case goes out, but nothing else on the board changes, the fans stay
>>> running. I have to phsically turn off the power to get the fans to
>>> stop.
>>>
>>> I have swapped the ram around a little, tried using one bank,
>>> and nothing seems to make any differnece to it.
>>>
>>> I am thinking ov taking it back to Frys and swapping it out.
>>>
>>> Oh yeah I also swapped out the original power supply a 275 watter,
>>> for a 400 watter.
>>>
>>> Asus A8N deluxe
>>> AMD 3200+ socket 939
>>> Corsair twinx1024 3200C2PT ram (2 x 512)
>>> Seagate SATA 160 hard drive
>>> Plextor SATA 716 DVD
>>> Leadtek PX6600TD 128 meg vid card
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Dan

wookie

You should get some beeps ... maybe you ave not attached somehting ...maybe
the manual might help to see what you may not have installed.
I suppose you've tried reseating your video card and made sure the video
cable is plugged in firmly to your monitor.

>I thought that was just to power up the video cards for a sli rig, do
> I need it just to use one card...hmmm I will try it.

No, the Molex (at a right angle, just above PCI-X slot one) connector on the
board is for when you are running in SLI mode.

Scott was talking about the 4-pin ATX connector at the top left of the board
(in line with the mouse input)