I have been having problems with my Intel chipset driver. I have updated all
of my drivers and I still get freezes when I am gaming. It is not a gfx card
or PSU conflict. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Why are you assuming their is a connection between the Intel INF update
files and your system freezing when you're playing games? What's the
connection?

"SCOOTER-.47R.-" <SCOOTER-.47R.-@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been having problems with my Intel chipset driver. I have updated
>all
> of my drivers and I still get freezes when I am gaming. It is not a gfx
> card
> or PSU conflict. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Also, you most likely do not have the latest Intel INF drivers (Hint,
they are not yet available on Intel's website). You can get them here:
http://www.guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=1671

Also, you really should check the heat in your computer and think about
different/newer drivers for your video card. This is more likely as to
where the problem lies.

----
Nathan McNulty

Jerry wrote:
> Why are you assuming their is a connection between the Intel INF update
> files and your system freezing when you're playing games? What's the
> connection?
>
> "SCOOTER-.47R.-" <SCOOTER-.47R.-@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>I have been having problems with my Intel chipset driver. I have updated
>>all
>>of my drivers and I still get freezes when I am gaming. It is not a gfx
>>card
>>or PSU conflict. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Not an up-to-date web site. The INF utility I downloaded from ABIT (my
motherboard manufacturer) is version 6.2.0.1005

"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> Also, you most likely do not have the latest Intel INF drivers (Hint, they
> are not yet available on Intel's website). You can get them here:
> http://www.guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=1671
>
> Also, you really should check the heat in your computer and think about
> different/newer drivers for your video card. This is more likely as to
> where the problem lies.
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Jerry wrote:
>> Why are you assuming their is a connection between the Intel INF update
>> files and your system freezing when you're playing games? What's the
>> connection?
>>
>> "SCOOTER-.47R.-" <SCOOTER-.47R.-@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:3E0BEB1F-A2F7-4513-9556-DABDFBF33F36@microsoft.com...
>>
>>>I have been having problems with my Intel chipset driver. I have updated
>>>all
>>>of my drivers and I still get freezes when I am gaming. It is not a gfx
>>>card
>>>or PSU conflict. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Those drivers are about a month newer, but are not WHQL Certified. I
find it amazing that they are so far behind on releasing their drivers :(

----
Nathan McNulty