Anyone got a Epson R200 photo inket printer

Looking at buying a Epson R200. Anyone know how good these are at printing
photos, especially the light colours like white.

Tony
3 answers Last reply
More about anyone epson r200 photo inket printer

    They don't do a very good job printing white! I guess it's because there are
    no white inks!

    Anthony Church wrote:

    > Looking at buying a Epson R200. Anyone know how good these are at printing
    > photos, especially the light colours like white.
    >
    > Tony

    Haven't been able to find the white ink cartridge yet :)

    Apart from the white problem its a good cheap printer - with the
    replacement ink sets costing half the total cost of the printer.

    Mines lived up to expectations.

    rm

    "me" <me@me.com> wrote in message
    > Anthony Church wrote:
    >
    > > Looking at buying a Epson R200. Anyone know how good these are at
    printing
    > > photos, especially the light colours like white.
    > >
    > > Tony
    > >

    > Haven't been able to find the white ink cartridge yet :)
    >
    > Apart from the white problem its a good cheap printer - with the
    > replacement ink sets costing half the total cost of the printer.
    >
    > Mines lived up to expectations.
    >
    > rm

    How good? Depends on the brightness of the paper. ;-)

    Well, I know what you mean. the printer doesn't render pale gradation too
    well. The printer simply leave those area in white. The Costco's prints
    (Noritsu) are much better in that regard. If your photo is rich in color, it
    will render very well.

    I am interested in knowing how R800 does because it doesn't even have photo
    cyan and Magenta despite of it's smaller droplets.

    Nevertheless, the Epson R200 renders skin tone pretty well. It lives up to
    my expectation too. For serious and cheap printing though, I still go to
    Costco's one hour photos, esp. for 12x18, which is only $3.

Printers Photo Epson Peripherals