Change Partition size in XP SP2

September 12, 2004 11:34:12 AM

I have two primary partitions on my HDD (one for OS other for data). What is
the safest way to change the partition size, so as to reduce the main
bootable partition?

Is Partition Magic safe with NTFS/SP2?

Thanks! ~ jfc

More about : change partition size sp2

Anonymous
September 12, 2004 3:00:16 PM

Either Partition Magic or BootItNG will do the job without losing data.
www.coribright.com

"John Fuchs-Chesney" <jfc2002@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I have two primary partitions on my HDD (one for OS other for data). What
>is the safest way to change the partition size, so as to reduce the main
>bootable partition?
>
> Is Partition Magic safe with NTFS/SP2?
>
> Thanks! ~ jfc

Anonymous
September 12, 2004 4:32:45 PM

lol, he said safest :)

There is a reason they call it Partition Tragic. Anyways, before using
any of these programs, it is strongly advised that you backup all of
your data before doing any of this as things can go wrong ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> Either Partition Magic or BootItNG will do the job without losing data.
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 1:08:46 PM

"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> lol, he said safest :)
>
> There is a reason they call it Partition Tragic. Anyways, before using
> any of these programs, it is strongly advised that you backup all of
> your data before doing any of this as things can go wrong ;)
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> > Either Partition Magic or BootItNG will do the job without losing data.

Use Partition Magic 8.2
!