Please help me pick out a router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 5, 2005 9:37:01 PM

Hello. I am new (kinda) to this. Would someone be so nice to go to
bestbuy.com and pick out a Linksys router and PC card (not laptop) that would
work together so I can share a cable connection? If you can help please send
a link to the page with the product or send me a product number. I would
like to stay under 150$ Thanks so much!

RJP

More about : pick router

Anonymous
February 5, 2005 10:05:15 PM

Here you go:
Linksys Router:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=105138466352...
Linksys PCI Card (For Desktop):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=105138469789...
OR
Linksys USB Adapter (For Desktop):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=106176981847...

But I prefer D-Link myself.
D-Link Router:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=106929997140...
D-Link PCI Card (For Desktop):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=106929999262...
OR
D-Link USB (For Desktop):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=106400065886...

"RJP" <RJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 7070E38-73DF-4905-92A6-E0265238C11F@microsoft.com...
> Hello. I am new (kinda) to this. Would someone be so nice to go to
> bestbuy.com and pick out a Linksys router and PC card (not laptop) that
> would
> work together so I can share a cable connection? If you can help please
> send
> a link to the page with the product or send me a product number. I would
> like to stay under 150$ Thanks so much!
>
> RJP
February 6, 2005 2:37:36 AM

Hi
May be you would to read a little about Wireless and then be able to pick
according to your needs (as oppose to what some else likes and fits his
needs).
Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"RJP" <RJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 7070E38-73DF-4905-92A6-E0265238C11F@microsoft.com...
> Hello. I am new (kinda) to this. Would someone be so nice to go to
> bestbuy.com and pick out a Linksys router and PC card (not laptop) that
would
> work together so I can share a cable connection? If you can help please
send
> a link to the page with the product or send me a product number. I would
> like to stay under 150$ Thanks so much!
>
> RJP
February 6, 2005 6:25:58 AM

and I like Netgear.........hassle free setup

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=106112760950...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=109938445562...

peter

!