P4P800 SE SATA Channels disappear after flash?

Hello,
I recently flashed my P4P800 SE to v. 1008, the latest
BIOS. Now, after an hour of running, I lose the 2 SATA drives from Win
XP (first one and then the other a few minutes later) and have to
reboot in order for Win or the BIOS to see them again. I boot from an
IDE drive which is not affected. My question is: Is it OK to flash
backwards to an earlier BIOS version to see if that is the problem?
Any special instructions to do that?

Flash the old bios version the same as you did the new one

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 04:47:04 -0500, absolute <stagehand2@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
> I recently flashed my P4P800 SE to v. 1008, the latest
>BIOS. Now, after an hour of running, I lose the 2 SATA drives from Win
>XP (first one and then the other a few minutes later) and have to
>reboot in order for Win or the BIOS to see them again. I boot from an
>IDE drive which is not affected. My question is: Is it OK to flash
>backwards to an earlier BIOS version to see if that is the problem?
>Any special instructions to do that?

I am using P4P800SE with WinXP Pro SP2, No problem with 2 SATA drives
that I installed.Just be carefull that the SATA cable comes off from
the connector easily.
To go back, use same procedure as before.