Are pci express mobo slots backwards compatible with AGP for graphics cards?
If I were to buy a mobo with a pci express slot, could i plug in an AGP
graphics card or would I need to buy a pci express graphics card?
TIA
Regards
Sheri

--
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as
well dance

Extract yourteeth before replying

You would need to purchase a PCI Express graphics card unless the
motherboard also has an AGP slot in which case you could use your current
AGP graphics card. However that really would negate the benefits of the PCI
Express!
www.coribright.com

Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> You would need to purchase a PCI Express graphics card unless the
> motherboard also has an AGP slot in which case you could use your
> current AGP graphics card. However that really would negate the
> benefits of the PCI Express!

I thought as much. :-(

Thanks for your help Cari

Regards
Sheri

--
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might
as well dance

Extract yourteeth before replying

Nero

Distinguished