Screen flicker with Formac 2010 monitor + GeForce FX 5200

Bottom two thirds of screen flicker left-to-right when certain applications
are open, or several windows are lying on top of each other.

Particularly bad when viewing IE windows on top of full-screen iTunes.
Interestingly, only certain web pages cause the flicker to occur.

Games also bad.

"Dull" software like Word and Exel all fine. Screen is perfectly stable.

Contacted GeForce and Formac, each of whom blamed the other and were of no
use whatsoever.

Am running pretty new PC, Intel 4 with 1GB RAM plus 128MB graphics RAM.
Loads of HD space remaining. OP is XP.

Many thanks for any help!
4 answers Last reply
More about screen flicker formac 2010 monitor geforce 5200

    Do you have...

    the latest graphics drivers from www.nvidia.com?
    the latest drivers for the monitor from Formac?
    the latest version of DirectX from www.microsoft.com/directx?

    What resolution are you running at?
    What refresh rate are you running at?
    www.coribright.com

    "Daniel Hall" <DanielHall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Bottom two thirds of screen flicker left-to-right when certain
    > applications
    > are open, or several windows are lying on top of each other.
    >
    > Particularly bad when viewing IE windows on top of full-screen iTunes.
    > Interestingly, only certain web pages cause the flicker to occur.
    >
    > Games also bad.
    >
    > "Dull" software like Word and Exel all fine. Screen is perfectly stable.
    >
    > Contacted GeForce and Formac, each of whom blamed the other and were of no
    > use whatsoever.
    >
    > Am running pretty new PC, Intel 4 with 1GB RAM plus 128MB graphics RAM.
    > Loads of HD space remaining. OP is XP.
    >
    > Many thanks for any help!

    Hello,

    I'm pretty sure I'm running the latest drivers but I'll double-check.

    Meantime, resolution is 1600x1200 and refresh rate is 60Hz.

    Many thx

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Do you have...
    >
    > the latest graphics drivers from www.nvidia.com?
    > the latest drivers for the monitor from Formac?
    > the latest version of DirectX from www.microsoft.com/directx?
    >
    > What resolution are you running at?
    > What refresh rate are you running at?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > www.coribright.com
    >

    > "Daniel Hall" <DanielHall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Bottom two thirds of screen flicker left-to-right when certain
    > > applications
    > > are open, or several windows are lying on top of each other.
    > >
    > > Particularly bad when viewing IE windows on top of full-screen iTunes.
    > > Interestingly, only certain web pages cause the flicker to occur.
    > >
    > > Games also bad.
    > >
    > > "Dull" software like Word and Exel all fine. Screen is perfectly stable.
    > >
    > > Contacted GeForce and Formac, each of whom blamed the other and were of no
    > > use whatsoever.
    > >
    > > Am running pretty new PC, Intel 4 with 1GB RAM plus 128MB graphics RAM.
    > > Loads of HD space remaining. OP is XP.
    > >
    > > Many thanks for any help!

    Flicker is very common with 60 Hz refresh rate, your eye can
    see that fast. Also it is in sync with the lights.
    At 1600x1200 you may not be able to run faster, see if you
    can get 70 or 75 Hz, that will reduce or eliminate the
    flicker. You may want/need to reduce resolution one step
    below the 1600 to 1280x1024 or what ever is supported by the
    combination of your graphics card and monitor.

    | Hello,
    |
    | I'm pretty sure I'm running the latest drivers but I'll
    double-check.

    | Meantime, resolution is 1600x1200 and refresh rate is
    60Hz.

    | Many thx

    | "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    |
    | > Do you have...
    | >
    | > the latest graphics drivers from www.nvidia.com?
    | > the latest drivers for the monitor from Formac?
    | > the latest version of DirectX from
    www.microsoft.com/directx?

    | > What resolution are you running at?
    | > What refresh rate are you running at?
    | > --
    | > Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    | > www.coribright.com
    | >

    | > "Daniel Hall" <DanielHall@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message

    | > > Bottom two thirds of screen flicker left-to-right when
    certain
    | > > applications
    | > > are open, or several windows are lying on top of each
    other.

    | > > Particularly bad when viewing IE windows on top of
    full-screen iTunes.
    | > > Interestingly, only certain web pages cause the
    flicker to occur.

    | > > Games also bad.
    | > >
    | > > "Dull" software like Word and Exel all fine. Screen is
    perfectly stable.

    | > > Contacted GeForce and Formac, each of whom blamed the
    other and were of no
    | > > use whatsoever.
    | > >
    | > > Am running pretty new PC, Intel 4 with 1GB RAM plus
    128MB graphics RAM.
    | > > Loads of HD space remaining. OP is XP.
    | > >
    | > > Many thanks for any help!

    I've been fighting that darn flicker since August. Every other sight I went
    to would jump, flash, flicker everytime I crossed a link and then I finally
    figured out it was Macromedia Flash ads on the sites...version 7 or greater.
    Today I checked out there support site and they've posted all the older
    versions of flash from 2 thru 6 and of course 7+. They say it's for...get
    this.... testing purposes...yeah. I'm sure they've had a few complaints with
    some configurations. I loaded Flash ver. 6+....no more flicker. Shockwave 10
    works great.
    I'm not sure that's your problem but... hope this helps.
    "Daniel Hall" wrote:

    > Bottom two thirds of screen flicker left-to-right when certain applications
    > are open, or several windows are lying on top of each other.
    >
    > Particularly bad when viewing IE windows on top of full-screen iTunes.
    > Interestingly, only certain web pages cause the flicker to occur.
    >
    > Games also bad.
    >
    > "Dull" software like Word and Exel all fine. Screen is perfectly stable.
    >
    > Contacted GeForce and Formac, each of whom blamed the other and were of no
    > use whatsoever.
    >
    > Am running pretty new PC, Intel 4 with 1GB RAM plus 128MB graphics RAM.
    > Loads of HD space remaining. OP is XP.
    >
    > Many thanks for any help!

Windows XP