asus pc probe install error

I am trying to install the latest ASUS PC-PROBE onto my A8V Deluxe
PC running Windows XP Pro Sp2. When I run the setup.exe program,
I get the following error message "The Win16 subsystem was unable
to enter Protected Mode, DOSX.EXE must be in your AUTOEXEC.NT
and present in your PATH".

I have verified that dosx.exe is in my path and is in the path for
autoexec.nt in c:\windows\system32 directory.

Anyone got any idea what is going on here ?

Thanks,
Lynn

Ed

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

?

>>I am trying to install the latest ASUS PC-PROBE onto my A8V Deluxe
>>PC running Windows XP Pro Sp2. When I run the setup.exe program,
>>I get the following error message "The Win16 subsystem was unable
>>to enter Protected Mode, DOSX.EXE must be in your AUTOEXEC.NT
>>and present in your PATH".
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

That got the setup program running then a message window came up
with: "Can't load AsmiEnum.dll". Looks like ASUS need to update their
setup program to a win32 version rather severely.

Thanks,
Lynn

Ed

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:53:14 -0500, "Lynn McGuire" <nospam@nospam.com>
wrote:

>>>I am trying to install the latest ASUS PC-PROBE onto my A8V Deluxe
>>>PC running Windows XP Pro Sp2. When I run the setup.exe program,
>>>I get the following error message "The Win16 subsystem was unable
>>>to enter Protected Mode, DOSX.EXE must be in your AUTOEXEC.NT
>>>and present in your PATH".
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
>
>That got the setup program running then a message window came up
>with: "Can't load AsmiEnum.dll". Looks like ASUS need to update their
>setup program to a win32 version rather severely.
>
>Thanks,
>Lynn

I use SpeedFan on my AXP and A64 systems,
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Ed
--
SpeedFan add-on: http://tinyurl.com/4cq7s