Minimum System required

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Hi

I received a phone call from one of my son's friends and he had just
bought a new game, it was HALO.

When he tried to launch the game, it was a no go.

His system specs were (if I remember correctly)

AMD 1800

S3 Stealth-Pro video card

224 meg of ram.

Should his system be able to run HALO?

Thanks for the help
chilimac

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Which inexpensive real video card do you recommend?

Will a geforce 4 mx run HALO with his system, he is on a limited
budget?

Thanks
chilimac

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

On 2/7/2005 9:18 AM chilimac brightened our day with:

>Hi
>
>I received a phone call from one of my son's friends and he had just
>bought a new game, it was HALO.
>
>When he tried to launch the game, it was a no go.
>
>His system specs were (if I remember correctly)
>
>AMD 1800
>
>S3 Stealth-Pro video card
>
>224 meg of ram.
>

>Should his system be able to run HALO?
>
>Thanks for the help
>chilimac

nope, need a real video card

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

"chilimac" <yramec@iwon.com> wrote in message

> I received a phone call from one of my son's friends and he had just
> bought a new game, it was HALO.
>
> When he tried to launch the game, it was a no go.
>
> His system specs were (if I remember correctly)
>
> AMD 1800
>
> S3 Stealth-Pro video card
>
> 224 meg of ram.

Just off the top of my head, I'd say that the video card's the problem. I
didn't even know S3 was still making the things these days. A recent card
from ATi or nVidia should fix his problems. I figure anything from a Radeon
7500 and up would be able to handle it, actually, even though it probably
wouldn't be stellar.

More RAM is always good, too, regardless of the application.

"Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@bite-me.look.ca> wrote in message

> didn't even know S3 was still making the things these days. A recent card

Scratch that... Never tried one, but S3's DeltaChrome cards sound like
they'd be a pretty decent piece of kit... Not top-of-the-line, or anything
like that, but pretty decent...

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:03:53 -0600, chilimac <yramec@iwon.com> wrote:

>Which inexpensive real video card do you recommend?
>
>Will a geforce 4 mx run HALO with his system, he is on a limited
>budget?
>
>Thanks
>chilimac

sure a GeForce4 MX 420 or 440 will run Halo no probs..

ubertoadie

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Thanks for the info, it looks like a geforce 4 mx is the way for him
to go.

Chilimac

ET

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

> geforce 4 mx

this is what finally got me to get an Xbox. You find out you need
another video card to play a game, so you spring for $80, then more
memory, $50-$60, OK fine, now you can play that game. 6 months later,
you find another fantastic game that needs the latest greatest video
card to play with anything more than a studder, but they really recomend
you get the latest processor..... AHHHHHH!!!1

Spend that original $150 on an Xbox, any game for the Xbox will play on
it regardless of when it's produced......

Yes, the Xbox next or 2 or whatever will likely be out in the next year
or so, and that's an upgrade, but at least you have no doubt that a
system will play that $50 game you just bought.

ET