SP2 - USB Printing Problem...

September 12, 2004 6:16:51 PM

Hi there,

I have a wireless network installed at home, which has 3
laptops connected to it at anyone time. One of the
laptop's has a Lexmark Z23 Printer insalled and it is
shared across the network but over the weekend I
installed 'Windows XP Service Pack 2' and now I am unable
to get connected to the Printer from the other laptops.
The printer is available on the laptop it is connected
too but if I try to connect from my other machines, the
printer icon says "Unable to connect".

The printer is connected via one of the USB Ports, so
has 'Service Pack 2' blocked the port or do the drivers
needs updating since installing SP2?

Look forward to replys.

Many thanks

Mark
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 12, 2004 6:53:12 PM

I would try updating the chipset (motherboard) drivers for all three
computers. SP2 didn't play well with these. Second, I would run the
Network Setup Wizard (In Network Connections in the Control Panel) again
on all three computers. Finally, disable Windows Firewall on all three
computers and now see if you have any problems.

----
Nathan McNulty

Mark wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a wireless network installed at home, which has 3
> laptops connected to it at anyone time. One of the
> laptop's has a Lexmark Z23 Printer insalled and it is
> shared across the network but over the weekend I
> installed 'Windows XP Service Pack 2' and now I am unable
> to get connected to the Printer from the other laptops.
> The printer is available on the laptop it is connected
> too but if I try to connect from my other machines, the
> printer icon says "Unable to connect".
>
> The printer is connected via one of the USB Ports, so
> has 'Service Pack 2' blocked the port or do the drivers
> needs updating since installing SP2?
>
> Look forward to replys.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Mark

September 13, 2004 6:23:08 AM

you may have to reinstall the printers on the other machines
and disable the firewall on the machine that shares the printer oh and make
sure
the printer is still in the share mode on that machine

!