Any MB forAMD Turion?

Does Asus have a socket 754 MB that supports Turion CPU's?

M.N.

Paul

Splendid

In article <42e74ba2$0$67258$157c6196@dreader2.cybercity.dk>, "MN"
<willemoesgadeFJERNES@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does Asus have a socket 754 MB that supports Turion CPU's?
>
> M.N.

When searching by "CPU" here, I don't see the Turion listed.
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.
http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

There is this thread:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59500&page=2&pp=25&highlight=turion

"Not all motherboards support mobiles. I've heard of people having
good luck with the DFI, Chaintech VNF3-250, and MSI K8N Neo, but
not really much about other S754 boards."

Asus is not the swiftest when it comes to BIOS updates, and
that would likely be the limiting factor.

The Anandtech article made it sound like the Turion is pretty
well a standard S754 part, just no heat spreader. Maybe that
means arranging a heatsink would be a problem. If the comment
from the xtremesystems thread is true, it sounds like a standard
motherboard is good enough. But with Asus BIOS, if the processor
type is not recognized, it probably won't POST for you.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2374

Paul

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 7/27/2005 11:42 AM Paul spoke:
> In article <42e74ba2$0$67258$157c6196@dreader2.cybercity.dk>, "MN"
> <willemoesgadeFJERNES@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Does Asus have a socket 754 MB that supports Turion CPU's?

I doubt it, the Turion is for laptops.
It is the mobile 64, I think.

>>M.N.
>

> When searching by "CPU" here, I don't see the Turion listed.
> Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.
> http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
>
> There is this thread:
> http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59500&page=2&pp=25&highlight=turion
>
> "Not all motherboards support mobiles. I've heard of people having
> good luck with the DFI, Chaintech VNF3-250, and MSI K8N Neo, but
> not really much about other S754 boards."
>
> Asus is not the swiftest when it comes to BIOS updates, and
> that would likely be the limiting factor.
>
> The Anandtech article made it sound like the Turion is pretty
> well a standard S754 part, just no heat spreader. Maybe that
> means arranging a heatsink would be a problem. If the comment
> from the xtremesystems thread is true, it sounds like a standard
> motherboard is good enough. But with Asus BIOS, if the processor
> type is not recognized, it probably won't POST for you.
>
> http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2374
>
> Paul

TRENDING THREADS