Windows 7 a device driver missing

Andy94

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
"A required CD/DVD device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVDm or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note. If the windows installation media is in the drive, you can safely remove it for this step."

PCDaze

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
My Win7 64bit Home Premium SP1 install was stymied by this cd/dvd message, too. On a hunch I replaced the older 40-pin IDE cable with the preferred 80-pin cable, and the installation cruised right on through. I have also read that some people have just used brute force to keep trying the reinstall, and after 4 or 6 attempts, the request for a "driver" is ceded. Inadequate installation help either way from Microsoft's installation message. I'm on an ASUS P8H67-M Pro board with 8GB DDR3 1333 (Corsair XMS3) with an older Sony DRU-820A DVD drive and a 2TB Hitatchi SATA-3 HDD.

Zan3Bullard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Hello I'm also having this problem, except I'm using an 8gb PNY USB drive that I made using microsofts USB tool from my .iso image file. I literally don't even have a disc drive attached to my computer, just USB. Why is it asking me this.

enysa

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Windows 7 installation required CD/DVD drive device driver missing problem solved solution is:

the solution to this problem are next:

-use DVD instead of ISO file from USB-because Windows 7 loads drivers for cd/dvd rom into USB port-it is contradictory so it can NOT start
or
switch to AHCI mode in BIOS

or

-download ISO again and burn it again with slower burn speed

or

-during instalation switch USB ports after clicking next and cancle-there are more detailed instructions about this somewhere on internet-but it is minor way of solving this problem

My solution to this problem was the first solution-using burned ISO on DVD instead of ISO on USB.

many greeting boys & girls.