I deleted my cdrom drivers!!!

September 12, 2004 10:02:51 PM

HELP!!!

I accidentally deleted my cd rom drives off my computer
and Windows Update isnt helping me.

I have an E-Machine-600
windows XP
CD-Rom: Samsung SC-148

Please someone help!

More about : deleted cdrom drivers

September 13, 2004 2:53:08 AM

From Device Manager, click the plus (+) sign next to DVD/CD-ROM drives,
highlight your cd-rom drives. On the tools bar at the top of the window,
click the X to uninstall your cd-rom drives. You will be warned that the
devices are about to be removed from your system, click OK. Close Device
Manager and reboot. XP should find the cd-roms and load the drivers for
them. Helping to reinstall hardware is not a function of Windows Update.

--
Regards,

Curt,
'May the best of your past be the worst of your future'
"Aaron" <aaron_pitts@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> HELP!!!
>
> I accidentally deleted my cd rom drives off my computer
> and Windows Update isnt helping me.
>
> I have an E-Machine-600
> windows XP
> CD-Rom: Samsung SC-148
>
> Please someone help!

September 13, 2004 5:52:25 AM

The standard XP driver should be fine.... What problem are you having?

"Aaron" <aaron_pitts@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> HELP!!!
>
> I accidentally deleted my cd rom drives off my computer
> and Windows Update isnt helping me.
>
> I have an E-Machine-600
> windows XP
> CD-Rom: Samsung SC-148
>
> Please someone help!

a b \ Driver
September 13, 2004 5:52:26 AM

Do you mean the drive no longer shows up? There are many reasons it may
not show up. It would be nice if you provided more information as to
what is happening. Does the drive show up in the BIOS, does it show up
in Disk Management (Right click on My Computer, click Manage, click Disk
Management), does it show up in Device Manager (Start-Run-devmgmt.msc)?

----
Nathan McNulty

TJ wrote:
> The standard XP driver should be fine.... What problem are you having?
>
> "Aaron" <aaron_pitts@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>HELP!!!
>>
>>I accidentally deleted my cd rom drives off my computer
>>and Windows Update isnt helping me.
>>
>>I have an E-Machine-600
>>windows XP
>>CD-Rom: Samsung SC-148
>>
>>Please someone help!

December 7, 2004 1:59:04 PM

I am having the same problem, I have uninstalled it and everything thing I go
to to try to reinstall says that I need to insert a disk into drive e and I
have but it will not recognize it. What should I do????

"Curt" wrote:

> From Device Manager, click the plus (+) sign next to DVD/CD-ROM drives,
> highlight your cd-rom drives. On the tools bar at the top of the window,
> click the X to uninstall your cd-rom drives. You will be warned that the
> devices are about to be removed from your system, click OK. Close Device
> Manager and reboot. XP should find the cd-roms and load the drivers for
> them. Helping to reinstall hardware is not a function of Windows Update.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Curt,
> 'May the best of your past be the worst of your future'
> "Aaron" <aaron_pitts@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > HELP!!!
> >
> > I accidentally deleted my cd rom drives off my computer
> > and Windows Update isnt helping me.
> >
> > I have an E-Machine-600
> > windows XP
> > CD-Rom: Samsung SC-148
> >
> > Please someone help!

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
December 7, 2004 4:33:47 PM

Follow Curt's instructions - Don't reinstall, reboot.

r.

!