Problem w/ SATA HD on ASUS K8V SE Deluxe MB

Im building a new computer and im having a problem with my two new
hard drives (1 is a Samsung 120GB SATA Hard Drive, and the other is a
Western Digital 80GB SATA Hard Drive) I installed them onto my Asus
K8V SE Deluxe Motherboard and plugged the SATA cables into the <SATA1>
and <SATA2> connections, (there are Two other SATA connections but the
motherboard manual says that they are used for RAID SATA. they are
labeled <PRI_SATA> and <SEC_SATA> ). When I power on the pc i get a
message that reads:

Scan Devices, Please wait....
Press < Tab > Key into User Window!

HardWare Initiate failed, Please Check Device!!!
The Bios does not be installed. Press <g> to continue!

What should I do? is it a problem with my hard drives, should i try
plugging the cables into the RAID connections, or do i need to change
something in the BIOS?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ASUS-Problem-SATA-HD-K8V-SE-Deluxe-MB-ftopict59668.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=301936

I'm just sorting out my own a very similar problem.
When it says "> The Bios does not be installed."
it means that your system cannot see the HD for some reason.
Sometimes the main board is not set up properly and cannot
start - boot up from the system.

Perhaps you should take a look at this site for some idea
for a solution:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-29341-Need-help-setting-up-SATA-hard-drive.html

"rhardenbrook87" wrote:
> Im building a new computer and im having a problem with my two
> new hard drives (1 is a Samsung 120GB SATA Hard Drive, and the
> other is a Western Digital 80GB SATA Hard Drive) I installed
> them onto my Asus K8V SE Deluxe Motherboard and plugged the
> SATA cables into the <SATA1> and <SATA2>
> connections, (there are Two other SATA connections but the
> motherboard manual says that they are used for RAID SATA. they
> are labeled <PRI_SATA> and <SEC_SATA> ). When I
> power on the pc i get a message that reads:
>
> Scan Devices, Please wait....
> Press < Tab > Key into User Window!
>
> HardWare Initiate failed, Please Check Device!!!
> The Bios does not be installed. Press <g> to continue!
>
> What should I do? is it a problem with my hard drives, should
> i try plugging the cables into the RAID connections, or do i
> need to change something in the BIOS?

alright well i plugged the two SATA cables into the <PRI_SATA> and the
<SEC_SATA> connectons and it seemed to recognized the drives, but when
i go to install Windows XP Pro (Service Pk 2) it says it was unable to
locate the harddrive.

"rhardenbrook87" <DoNotEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
> "rhardenbrook87" wrote:
> > Im building a new computer and im having a problem with my two
> > new hard drives (1 is a Samsung 120GB SATA Hard Drive, and the
> > other is a Western Digital 80GB SATA Hard Drive) I installed
> > them onto my Asus K8V SE Deluxe Motherboard and plugged the
> > SATA cables into the <SATA1> and <SATA2>
> > connections, (there are Two other SATA connections but the
> > motherboard manual says that they are used for RAID SATA. they
> > are labeled <PRI_SATA> and <SEC_SATA> ). When I
> > power on the pc i get a message that reads:
> >
> > Scan Devices, Please wait....
> > Press < Tab > Key into User Window!
> >
> > HardWare Initiate failed, Please Check Device!!!
> > The Bios does not be installed. Press <g> to continue!
> >
> > What should I do? is it a problem with my hard drives, should
> > i try plugging the cables into the RAID connections, or do i
> > need to change something in the BIOS?
>
> alright well i plugged the two SATA cables into the <PRI_SATA> and the
> <SEC_SATA> connectons and it seemed to recognized the drives, but when
> i go to install Windows XP Pro (Service Pk 2) it says it was unable to
> locate the harddrive.

Forgive me asking, but you have the original Windows CD?
SP 2 has an additional security checks and that can cause
the problem some times.

Generally most of your RAID-SATA are controlled by an exernal chip (not the
chipset). In order to load windows onto these drives you must load the
drivers for the controller from within "Windows Setup". You will need to
load these drivers from you install cd onto a floppy. Then when the prompt
(on the bottom of the screen) "Press F6 if you need to install a third party
SCSI or RAID driver" you can select "a:/" and the driver SHOULD be loaded.
This may also be true for imbedded SATA controllers on chipsets, but I'm not
sure.

Hope this helps... Good Luck...