Problems with MIDI

Hi all. I am experiencing a problem when trying to control my computers MIDI
functions with an external MIDI keyboard. There seems to be no in-signal
whatsoever from the MIDI keyboard. MIDI playback is ok though and causes no
problem. I have checked the cables, keyboard and settings, and everything
seems to be in order. My soundcard is integrated on the motherboard and works
well except when it comes to MIDI it seems. I connect to the gameport, as you
should, but nothing happens. Happy for every tip available.

Jimmy
2 answers Last reply
More about problems midi

    Check with the keyboard manufacturer as to what connection / applications and
    operating systems combinations are able to support their product.

    It is not a universal issue that all MIDI ports etc will take every keyboard
    without specific software to control the information that flows up and down
    these wires!

    "Jimmy" wrote:

    > Hi all. I am experiencing a problem when trying to control my computers MIDI
    > functions with an external MIDI keyboard. There seems to be no in-signal
    > whatsoever from the MIDI keyboard. MIDI playback is ok though and causes no
    > problem. I have checked the cables, keyboard and settings, and everything
    > seems to be in order. My soundcard is integrated on the motherboard and works
    > well except when it comes to MIDI it seems. I connect to the gameport, as you
    > should, but nothing happens. Happy for every tip available.
    >
    > Jimmy

    The keyboard should work, since the manufacturer, Roland, has developed both
    the MIDI-unit and keyboard. Is this a problem that could be a consequence of
    my integrated soundcard being faulty? If so, could I solve the problem by
    installing a new soundcard, PCI, and simply turn off the integrated soundcard?

    "BAR" wrote:

    > Check with the keyboard manufacturer as to what connection / applications and
    > operating systems combinations are able to support their product.
    >
    > It is not a universal issue that all MIDI ports etc will take every keyboard
    > without specific software to control the information that flows up and down
    > these wires!
    >
    > "Jimmy" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all. I am experiencing a problem when trying to control my computers MIDI
    > > functions with an external MIDI keyboard. There seems to be no in-signal
    > > whatsoever from the MIDI keyboard. MIDI playback is ok though and causes no
    > > problem. I have checked the cables, keyboard and settings, and everything
    > > seems to be in order. My soundcard is integrated on the motherboard and works
    > > well except when it comes to MIDI it seems. I connect to the gameport, as you
    > > should, but nothing happens. Happy for every tip available.
    > >
    > > Jimmy

MIDI Keyboards Windows XP