File Sharing Error Message

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 6, 2005 9:41:04 AM

I've been reading through the postings but don't see anyone with this exact
problem. I'm trying to do simple file sharing but whenever I try to enable
sharing on a folder (no matter what folder, even outside docs and settings or
whatever), I get a message saying an error occured, the server service was
not started, a shared resource was not created. I've been able to share
files on this computer before and sharing is enabled. Tried shutting off the
firewall, no difference. I have full permissions as administrator. Help?
thanks...
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 11:46:59 AM

Make sure the Server service status is started.

Click Start, Run, and type "services.msc". Open Services and scroll down to
the Server service, start the service and set it to automatic.

Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com