Has any one had Jerky Movement In HALO2

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I just joined this group and missed some posts.

I have had nothing but jerky movement and slow downs in the game mainly
when there is a lot of other NPCs and in side the ship.

Does anybody know what is going on. I didn't have this problem with any
of the Half Life series games and they were just as system demanding (if
not more).

I'm running a p4 (2.4g), 1G of ram, a NVIDIA 5555 with 256M. I
reinstalled my soundblaster live 5.1 and stopped using the onboard
sound.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks for any help.

duddly
5 answers Last reply
More about jerky movement halo2
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "duddly" <martinman8@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I just joined this group and missed some posts.
    >
    > I have had nothing but jerky movement and slow downs in the game mainly
    > when there is a lot of other NPCs and in side the ship.
    >
    > Does anybody know what is going on. I didn't have this problem with any
    > of the Half Life series games and they were just as system demanding (if
    > not more).
    >
    > I'm running a p4 (2.4g), 1G of ram, a NVIDIA 5555 with 256M. I
    > reinstalled my soundblaster live 5.1 and stopped using the onboard
    > sound.

    I think your first problem is trying to run x-box games on your pc!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "James Mourby" <jamesspamtrap@mourby.plusspam.com.invalid> wrote in

    > "duddly" <martinman8@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>I just joined this group and missed some posts.
    >>
    >> I have had nothing but jerky movement and slow downs in the game
    mainly
    >> when there is a lot of other NPCs and in side the ship.
    >>
    >> Does anybody know what is going on. I didn't have this problem with
    any
    >> of the Half Life series games and they were just as system demanding
    (if
    >> not more).
    >>
    >> I'm running a p4 (2.4g), 1G of ram, a NVIDIA 5555 with 256M. I
    >> reinstalled my soundblaster live 5.1 and stopped using the onboard
    >> sound.
    >
    > I think your first problem is trying to run x-box games on your pc!

    You weren't much help. The game was ported to the pc.

    Try something more helpful.

    duddly
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    > "James Mourby" <jamesspamtrap@mourby.plusspam.com.invalid> wrote in
    >

    > > "duddly" <martinman8@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >>I just joined this group and missed some posts.
    > >>
    > >> I have had nothing but jerky movement and slow downs in the game
    > mainly
    > >> when there is a lot of other NPCs and in side the ship.
    > >>
    > >> Does anybody know what is going on. I didn't have this problem with
    > any
    > >> of the Half Life series games and they were just as system demanding
    > (if
    > >> not more).
    > >>
    > >> I'm running a p4 (2.4g), 1G of ram, a NVIDIA 5555 with 256M. I
    > >> reinstalled my soundblaster live 5.1 and stopped using the onboard
    > >> sound.
    > >
    > > I think your first problem is trying to run x-box games on your pc!
    > >

    > You weren't much help. The game was ported to the pc.
    >
    > Try something more helpful.
    >
    > duddly

    duddly, you said "In HALO2". Halo 2 is on XBox, not PC.

    Now, if you had said H2 New Mombasa for Halo CE, or, H2 Zanzibar for Halo
    CE, that might have been more useful.

    Both of which are laggy has heck, by the way, good video card or not. Play
    the New Mombasa Classic and Zanzibar Classic levels, they are nowhere near
    as laggy, and don't feature the rediculously overpowered sniper rifle. (one
    shot body kills with infinite range are an abomination)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    ok guys when buying game check to see if it's for pc or xbox. Original halo
    was for Xbox then after while came out on PC, while halo 2 is still xbox
    only game. They may or may not come out with pc version no one knows. Also
    he was just trying to help about playing xbox game on pc way you wrote made
    it look like you were playing xbox game on pc. so chill.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "duddly" <martinman8@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > "James Mourby" <jamesspamtrap@mourby.plusspam.com.invalid> wrote in
    >

    >> "duddly" <martinman8@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>>I just joined this group and missed some posts.
    >>>
    >>> I have had nothing but jerky movement and slow downs in the game
    > mainly
    >>> when there is a lot of other NPCs and in side the ship.
    >>>
    >>> Does anybody know what is going on. I didn't have this problem with
    > any
    >>> of the Half Life series games and they were just as system demanding
    > (if
    >>> not more).
    >>>
    >>> I'm running a p4 (2.4g), 1G of ram, a NVIDIA 5555 with 256M. I
    >>> reinstalled my soundblaster live 5.1 and stopped using the onboard
    >>> sound.
    >>
    >> I think your first problem is trying to run x-box games on your pc!
    >>

    > You weren't much help. The game was ported to the pc.

    Huh? When? The original Halo was ported, but Halo 2 is an Xbox exclusive.

    > Try something more helpful.

Games Video Games