Has any one had Jerky Movement In HALO2

Last response: in Video Games
February 22, 2005 4:37:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I just joined this group and missed some posts.

I have had nothing but jerky movement and slow downs in the game mainly
when there is a lot of other NPCs and in side the ship.

Does anybody know what is going on. I didn't have this problem with any
of the Half Life series games and they were just as system demanding (if
not more).

I'm running a p4 (2.4g), 1G of ram, a NVIDIA 5555 with 256M. I
reinstalled my soundblaster live 5.1 and stopped using the onboard
sound.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks for any help.

duddly

More about : jerky movement halo2

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 2:31:36 AM

"duddly" <martinman8@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I just joined this group and missed some posts.
>
> I have had nothing but jerky movement and slow downs in the game mainly
> when there is a lot of other NPCs and in side the ship.
>
> Does anybody know what is going on. I didn't have this problem with any
> of the Half Life series games and they were just as system demanding (if
> not more).
>
> I'm running a p4 (2.4g), 1G of ram, a NVIDIA 5555 with 256M. I
> reinstalled my soundblaster live 5.1 and stopped using the onboard
> sound.

I think your first problem is trying to run x-box games on your pc!
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 9:52:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

"James Mourby" <jamesspamtrap@mourby.plusspam.com.invalid> wrote in

> "duddly" <martinman8@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I just joined this group and missed some posts.
>>
>> I have had nothing but jerky movement and slow downs in the game
mainly
>> when there is a lot of other NPCs and in side the ship.
>>
>> Does anybody know what is going on. I didn't have this problem with
any
>> of the Half Life series games and they were just as system demanding
(if
>> not more).
>>
>> I'm running a p4 (2.4g), 1G of ram, a NVIDIA 5555 with 256M. I
>> reinstalled my soundblaster live 5.1 and stopped using the onboard
>> sound.
>
> I think your first problem is trying to run x-box games on your pc!

You weren't much help. The game was ported to the pc.

Try something more helpful.

duddly
Related resources
February 23, 2005 10:58:36 AM

> "James Mourby" <jamesspamtrap@mourby.plusspam.com.invalid> wrote in
>

> > "duddly" <martinman8@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >>I just joined this group and missed some posts.
> >>
> >> I have had nothing but jerky movement and slow downs in the game
> mainly
> >> when there is a lot of other NPCs and in side the ship.
> >>
> >> Does anybody know what is going on. I didn't have this problem with
> any
> >> of the Half Life series games and they were just as system demanding
> (if
> >> not more).
> >>
> >> I'm running a p4 (2.4g), 1G of ram, a NVIDIA 5555 with 256M. I
> >> reinstalled my soundblaster live 5.1 and stopped using the onboard
> >> sound.
> >
> > I think your first problem is trying to run x-box games on your pc!
> >

> You weren't much help. The game was ported to the pc.
>
> Try something more helpful.
>
> duddly

duddly, you said "In HALO2". Halo 2 is on XBox, not PC.

Now, if you had said H2 New Mombasa for Halo CE, or, H2 Zanzibar for Halo
CE, that might have been more useful.

Both of which are laggy has heck, by the way, good video card or not. Play
the New Mombasa Classic and Zanzibar Classic levels, they are nowhere near
as laggy, and don't feature the rediculously overpowered sniper rifle. (one
shot body kills with infinite range are an abomination)
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 6:27:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

ok guys when buying game check to see if it's for pc or xbox. Original halo
was for Xbox then after while came out on PC, while halo 2 is still xbox
only game. They may or may not come out with pc version no one knows. Also
he was just trying to help about playing xbox game on pc way you wrote made
it look like you were playing xbox game on pc. so chill.
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 7:35:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

"duddly" <martinman8@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "James Mourby" <jamesspamtrap@mourby.plusspam.com.invalid> wrote in
>

>> "duddly" <martinman8@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>I just joined this group and missed some posts.
>>>
>>> I have had nothing but jerky movement and slow downs in the game
> mainly
>>> when there is a lot of other NPCs and in side the ship.
>>>
>>> Does anybody know what is going on. I didn't have this problem with
> any
>>> of the Half Life series games and they were just as system demanding
> (if
>>> not more).
>>>
>>> I'm running a p4 (2.4g), 1G of ram, a NVIDIA 5555 with 256M. I
>>> reinstalled my soundblaster live 5.1 and stopped using the onboard
>>> sound.
>>
>> I think your first problem is trying to run x-box games on your pc!
>>

> You weren't much help. The game was ported to the pc.

Huh? When? The original Halo was ported, but Halo 2 is an Xbox exclusive.

!