what type memory

Is there a program available or an easy way to tell me exactly what brand and
type memory I have installed ?
Besides pulling them from the sockets. Pin legs aren't built for too much
movement. They're in and working.

nbk

Husky wrote:
> Is there a program available or an easy way to tell me exactly what brand and
> type memory I have installed ?
> Besides pulling them from the sockets. Pin legs aren't built for too much
> movement. They're in and working.
Get CPU-Z...
deXTer

In article <RjyHe.81019$3j2.2757385@twister.southeast.rr.com> NBK
<no@spam.net> writes:

>Husky wrote:
>> Is there a program available or an easy way to tell me exactly what brand and
>> type memory I have installed ?
>> Besides pulling them from the sockets. Pin legs aren't built for too much
>> movement. They're in and working.
>Get CPU-Z...
>deXTer

CPU-Z is indeed a cool program, but it only seems to be successful in
identifying the "brand name" stuff, i.e., Kingston. A lot of the cheap
generic stuff (including PNY) it cannot identify.

"Husky" <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote in message
> Is there a program available or an easy way to tell me exactly what brand
> and
> type memory I have installed ?
> Besides pulling them from the sockets. Pin legs aren't built for too much
> movement. They're in and working.

You can try Everest Home for free.
http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
E-mail: kc@kc-computers.com Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!

That will only identify chipset manu. not neccessrrily the memory manu.
ie I have Crucial memory which is identified as Micron