New Hardware found

I can't get the new hardware wizard to stop coming up. I
have tried everything short of that which will fix it. I
read everything I could find, tried the Microsoft Base
article-298370. Found and installed the update driver for
the HP printer. you name it I tried it.. Please help me,
this is insane... HELP!!!!

bar

If this is an HP Multi-function Printer call HP Tech Support. This is free
for new installation of a printer.

If they can't help you send the printer back and get one that installs
properly.

There are dozens of posts in this forum regarding problems with HP Printers.
Eventually HP will discover their problems and fix them, but only if
customers speak with them and complain.

"Dan Gravlin" wrote:

> I can't get the new hardware wizard to stop coming up. I
> have tried everything short of that which will fix it. I
> read everything I could find, tried the Microsoft Base
> article-298370. Found and installed the update driver for
> the HP printer. you name it I tried it.. Please help me,
> this is insane... HELP!!!!

You didn't say what hardware you have just installed, prior to this
occurring. Your error!

I am betting it is an HP multi-function printer though. Known problems.

--

Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Dan Gravlin" <dgravlin35@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I can't get the new hardware wizard to stop coming up. I
> have tried everything short of that which will fix it. I
> read everything I could find, tried the Microsoft Base
> article-298370. Found and installed the update driver for
> the HP printer. you name it I tried it.. Please help me,
> this is insane... HELP!!!!

This would be the article the OP read:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370

Have you completely uninstalled the printer software and drivers,
removed the printer from the computer physically, installed the
software/drivers, then plugged the printer back in and gone from there?

----
Nathan McNulty

Richard Urban wrote:
> You didn't say what hardware you have just installed, prior to this
> occurring. Your error!
>
> I am betting it is an HP multi-function printer though. Known problems.

I wonder if you ever solved this problem or got any help with it. I'm having
what sounds like a very similar problem. XP Pro since SP2 upgrade won't load
any new hardware drivers that should be supported in windows. (If there are
manufacturer drivers, they load.) And, each time I boot, it wants to go
through the found new hardware wizard. The first things I did was disconnect
the hardware and unistall the drivers. I've done everything I can think of
except unistall SP2. No one has replied to my posts.