David

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Can anyone say whether a Soundblaster Live! 7.1 soundcard would give
better audio quality than the onboard nForce2 Soundstorm of the A7N8X-E
Deluxe? I have looked all over Google tring to find the specs on the
NForce audio to no avail.

Thanks.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/apu.html

Last Boy Scout wrote:
> David wrote:
>
>> Can anyone say whether a Soundblaster Live! 7.1 soundcard would give
>> better audio quality than the onboard nForce2 Soundstorm of the
>> A7N8X-E Deluxe? I have looked all over Google tring to find the specs
>> on the NForce audio to no avail.
>>
>> Thanks.
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/apu.html
Thanks for the link.

Dino

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

from what I had read..Soundstorm is optimized for digital output, if you
have the analogue speakers..3 plugs as opposed to the 1( for 5.1) the sound
is poorer. I switched to an Audigy 2ZS and found the sound better with my
Z5500 logitech speakers.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

And how is the rest of your sound sys, ie speakers?
Would you actually notice any difference?
What the tech spec gives and what you hear are two different things.