Overriding Low Toner on a Brother Printer?

Hi

Can anybody help?

I have a brother HL-1250 using a TN-6300 toner cartridge with a
DR-6000 drum unit.

The problem is it displays low or toner empty even after a new toner
cartridge has been installed - other then that the printer prints
fine.

Is there anyway of fooling the printer in thinking it has a full toner
cartridge at all times???

Or any other suggestions on what the problem could be would be
appreciated

Thank you

Richard :0)
2 answers Last reply
More about overriding toner brother printer

    Dumb question but here goes - Did you remove the seal from the new toner?

    I hate to admit this, but I performed this exact stupid oversight myself. I
    changed the toner in my MFC multi unit because the toner light was flashing.
    The toner was an aftermarket unit. There was no indication that the
    celo-seal should be removed. So I left it on, thinking that the twisting
    motion of loading the cartridge would break the seal. Well - it didn't.
    After quite a while of otherwise good printing with the light still
    flashing, streaks finally appeared on the printed pages. I removed the new
    toner only to discover the seal still intact. I removed it and all is well.
    The flashing light went out too....

    "Rich" <rich027@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anybody help?
    >
    > I have a brother HL-1250 using a TN-6300 toner cartridge with a
    > DR-6000 drum unit.
    >
    > The problem is it displays low or toner empty even after a new toner
    > cartridge has been installed - other then that the printer prints
    > fine.
    >
    > Is there anyway of fooling the printer in thinking it has a full toner
    > cartridge at all times???
    >
    > Or any other suggestions on what the problem could be would be
    > appreciated
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Richard :0)

  2. Hi Rich, I have a Brother MFC 9840 CDW and I trick it all the time. Brother is tricking us by having us think our toner cartridge is empty when it's still half full! I cover up the sensors on both ends of the toner cartridge. I take a piece of paper and use a black marker to make a mark on the paper so no light shows through, then I use a piece of scotch tape to tape it over the sensor windows at the end of the toner cartridges. You get double the use out of it that way and can use it until it's truely empty! Using black tape will work too!

    Hi

    Can anybody help?

    I have a brother HL-1250 using a TN-6300 toner cartridge with a
    DR-6000 drum unit.

    The problem is it displays low or toner empty even after a new toner
    cartridge has been installed - other then that the printer prints
    fine.

    Is there anyway of fooling the printer in thinking it has a full toner
    cartridge at all times???

    Or any other suggestions on what the problem could be would be
    appreciated

    Thank you

    Richard :0)

Printers Displays Brother Peripherals