pentium III on MES-N

Hi everyone,

I've got a Asus MES-N motherboard and was reading the spec and it says it's
compatible with Celeron processors only. I am not sure of the electrical
differences between the Celeron and Pentium III, but is it possible to use a
Pentium III instead ?

- Rajiv.

Have a look at the CPU support list at support.asus.com. It lists support
for the P3 650, 700, 750, and 800. (These would all be Socket 370, 100 MHz
FSB models.)

Bios 1006.001 or newer is required.

HTH.

Bob Knowlden

Rajiv Niles schrieb:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've got a Asus MES-N motherboard and was reading the spec and it says it's
> compatible with Celeron processors only. I am not sure of the electrical
> differences between the Celeron and Pentium III, but is it possible to use a
> Pentium III instead ?

According to
<http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx>, you need PCB rev
1.03 and BIOS 1006 beta 1 or higher.

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 250+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W