K8N-3 Deluxe settings info required

K8N-3 Deluxe Motherboard running Windows XP Pro:

Can someone tell me what FSB settings I should have for a AMD64 Athlon 3000
and 1GB Kingston DDR PC3200 Memory the memory is rated at 400Mhz
But the bios screen shows only 266mhz when booting up ?
Shouldn't it be showing 400mhz on boot up ?

Thanks ...

Sorry meant to say K8N-E Deluxe settings info required

oops !

"alien8" <noemailaddress@just_post_please.com> wrote in message
> K8N-3 Deluxe Motherboard running Windows XP Pro:
>
> Can someone tell me what FSB settings I should have for a AMD64 Athlon
> 3000 and 1GB Kingston DDR PC3200 Memory the memory is rated at 400Mhz
> But the bios screen shows only 266mhz when booting up ?
> Shouldn't it be showing 400mhz on boot up ?
>
> Thanks ...

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:32:06 GMT, "alien8"
<noemailaddress@just_post_please.com> wrote:

>Sorry meant to say K8N-E Deluxe settings info required
>
>oops !
>

>"alien8" <noemailaddress@just_post_please.com> wrote in message
>> K8N-3 Deluxe Motherboard running Windows XP Pro:
>>
>> Can someone tell me what FSB settings I should have for a AMD64 Athlon
>> 3000 and 1GB Kingston DDR PC3200 Memory the memory is rated at 400Mhz
>> But the bios screen shows only 266mhz when booting up ?
>> Shouldn't it be showing 400mhz on boot up ?

Do you have 1 1GB DIMM or 2 512MB DIMMs. If the latter, then make sure
one of the DIMMs is in slot 1 (The blue slot closest to the CPU).

Otherwise, go into setup on bootup and into the advanced section. See
if memclock mode is set to auto or manual. If the later switch it to
auto and see if that fixes it. If the former, try manual and force the
MemClock value to 400MHz.

The deluxe version of the Motherboard has no blue slot...
And yes I have tried to set it to 400, but have left it on Auto now, but in
a grey out text it says 133mhz memclk,, I'm sure thats wrong...

and yes 1 strip of 1 GB of Kingston DDR 400Mhz
and AMD 64 Athlon 3000 (newcastle)

Thanks
"Robert Klute" <news@klute.us> wrote in message
> On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:32:06 GMT, "alien8"
> <noemailaddress@just_post_please.com> wrote:
>
>>Sorry meant to say K8N-E Deluxe settings info required
>>
>>oops !
>>

>>"alien8" <noemailaddress@just_post_please.com> wrote in message
>>> K8N-3 Deluxe Motherboard running Windows XP Pro:
>>>
>>> Can someone tell me what FSB settings I should have for a AMD64 Athlon
>>> 3000 and 1GB Kingston DDR PC3200 Memory the memory is rated at 400Mhz
>>> But the bios screen shows only 266mhz when booting up ?
>>> Shouldn't it be showing 400mhz on boot up ?
>
> Do you have 1 1GB DIMM or 2 512MB DIMMs. If the latter, then make sure
> one of the DIMMs is in slot 1 (The blue slot closest to the CPU).
>
> Otherwise, go into setup on bootup and into the advanced section. See
> if memclock mode is set to auto or manual. If the later switch it to
> auto and see if that fixes it. If the former, try manual and force the
> MemClock value to 400MHz.

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:42:43 GMT, "alien8"
<noemailaddress@just_post_please.com> wrote:

>The deluxe version of the Motherboard has no blue slot...
>And yes I have tried to set it to 400, but have left it on Auto now, but in
>a grey out text it says 133mhz memclk,, I'm sure thats wrong...
>
>and yes 1 strip of 1 GB of Kingston DDR 400Mhz
>and AMD 64 Athlon 3000 (newcastle)

The note about the blue slot was in the K8NE Deluxe owner's manual.

I looked at my BIOS, I have
under ADVANCED
- JumperFree Configuration
- AI OverClock Tuner set to Standard
- AGP overclock set to 66
- DDRRAM Voltage set to auto
- AGP voltage set to 1.5V
- CPU Configuration
- HT Ratio 4
- Chipset
everything is set to auto
on the top of the screen, greyed out, Memory CLK does show 200MHz.

However, when I run nTune from NVidia, it show the clock rate to be
400MHz on the clock page.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_2.05.09.html

Hi Robert
It appears the mistake is mine, The Memoryboard I have installed seems to be
a PC133 and not a 400 as I was told...
Running a Memory check program reveals, the Memory is only a Kingston 1GB
PC2100 and not a PC3200..
Many thanks for your help..
Regards
Alien8

> On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:42:43 GMT, "alien8"
> <noemailaddress@just_post_please.com> wrote:
>
>>The deluxe version of the Motherboard has no blue slot...
>>And yes I have tried to set it to 400, but have left it on Auto now, but
>>in
>>a grey out text it says 133mhz memclk,, I'm sure thats wrong...
>>
>>and yes 1 strip of 1 GB of Kingston DDR 400Mhz
>>and AMD 64 Athlon 3000 (newcastle)
>
> The note about the blue slot was in the K8NE Deluxe owner's manual.
>
> I looked at my BIOS, I have
> under ADVANCED
> - JumperFree Configuration
> - AI OverClock Tuner set to Standard
> - AGP overclock set to 66
> - DDRRAM Voltage set to auto
> - AGP voltage set to 1.5V
> - CPU Configuration
> - HT Ratio 4
> - Chipset
> everything is set to auto
> on the top of the screen, greyed out, Memory CLK does show 200MHz.
>

> However, when I run nTune from NVidia, it show the clock rate to be
> 400MHz on the clock page.
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_2.05.09.html

TRENDING THREADS