idiot brother and canon i960

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

A couple of months ago I bought an i960. A truly great printer. Love it.

A week and a half ago my brother came over and I was showing him my new
printer. I went to get some samples photographs to show him how it prints.
I came back into my office and the idiot has the black cartridge in his
hands and he's looking at it. Said he wanted to see the cartridge size. I
don't know what was going through his head at the time.

I put it back in and the printer and it then printed very poor black text.
I did a head cleaning and it vastly improved it. There is still slight
banding of the black even after I did a couple of more cleanings, a deep
cleaning and a nozzle check.

I don't know why this would cause it to happen, but does anyone have any
tips on getting it running like new again.

BTW he just bought an i960, still in the box. I'm thinking of doing a swap
with him lol.

Gary

i don't think they recommend removing the cart from the printer - something
to do with air lock in the cart.
Your only fix may be to buy a new cartridge - and tell your brother if he
touches anything of yours again your gonna kick his ass just like the old
days.

jay cee

"Gary" <satmaverick@REMOVEMEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> A couple of months ago I bought an i960. A truly great printer. Love it.
>
> A week and a half ago my brother came over and I was showing him my new
> printer. I went to get some samples photographs to show him how it
prints.
> I came back into my office and the idiot has the black cartridge in his
> hands and he's looking at it. Said he wanted to see the cartridge size.
> don't know what was going through his head at the time.
>
> I put it back in and the printer and it then printed very poor black text.
> I did a head cleaning and it vastly improved it. There is still slight
> banding of the black even after I did a couple of more cleanings, a deep
> cleaning and a nozzle check.
>
> I don't know why this would cause it to happen, but does anyone have any
> tips on getting it running like new again.
>
> BTW he just bought an i960, still in the box. I'm thinking of doing a
swap
> with him lol.
>
> Gary

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

He may have squeezed it while putting it back in or taking it out ?

-Larry

"Gary" <satmaverick@REMOVEMEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> A couple of months ago I bought an i960. A truly great printer. Love it.
>
> A week and a half ago my brother came over and I was showing him my new
> printer. I went to get some samples photographs to show him how it
prints.
> I came back into my office and the idiot has the black cartridge in his
> hands and he's looking at it. Said he wanted to see the cartridge size.
> don't know what was going through his head at the time.
>
> I put it back in and the printer and it then printed very poor black text.
> I did a head cleaning and it vastly improved it. There is still slight
> banding of the black even after I did a couple of more cleanings, a deep
> cleaning and a nozzle check.
>
> I don't know why this would cause it to happen, but does anyone have any
> tips on getting it running like new again.
>
> BTW he just bought an i960, still in the box. I'm thinking of doing a
swap
> with him lol.
>
> Gary

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Possible, does this mean time may clear it up?

"Larry" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> He may have squeezed it while putting it back in or taking it out ?
>
> -Larry
>
> "Gary" <satmaverick@REMOVEMEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> > A couple of months ago I bought an i960. A truly great printer. Love
it.

> > A week and a half ago my brother came over and I was showing him my new
> > printer. I went to get some samples photographs to show him how it
> prints.
> > I came back into my office and the idiot has the black cartridge in his
> > hands and he's looking at it. Said he wanted to see the cartridge size.
> > don't know what was going through his head at the time.
> >
> > I put it back in and the printer and it then printed very poor black
text.
> > I did a head cleaning and it vastly improved it. There is still slight
> > banding of the black even after I did a couple of more cleanings, a deep
> > cleaning and a nozzle check.
> >
> > I don't know why this would cause it to happen, but does anyone have any
> > tips on getting it running like new again.
> >
> > BTW he just bought an i960, still in the box. I'm thinking of doing a
> swap
> > with him lol.
> >
> > Gary

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I like both your solutions.

"Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
> i don't think they recommend removing the cart from the printer -
something
> to do with air lock in the cart.
> Your only fix may be to buy a new cartridge - and tell your brother if he
> touches anything of yours again your gonna kick his ass just like the old
> days.
>
> jay cee
>

> "Gary" <satmaverick@REMOVEMEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> > A couple of months ago I bought an i960. A truly great printer. Love
it.

> > A week and a half ago my brother came over and I was showing him my new
> > printer. I went to get some samples photographs to show him how it
> prints.
> > I came back into my office and the idiot has the black cartridge in his
> > hands and he's looking at it. Said he wanted to see the cartridge size.
> > don't know what was going through his head at the time.
> >
> > I put it back in and the printer and it then printed very poor black
text.
> > I did a head cleaning and it vastly improved it. There is still slight
> > banding of the black even after I did a couple of more cleanings, a deep
> > cleaning and a nozzle check.
> >
> > I don't know why this would cause it to happen, but does anyone have any
> > tips on getting it running like new again.
> >
> > BTW he just bought an i960, still in the box. I'm thinking of doing a
> swap
> > with him lol.
> >
> > Gary

TRENDING THREADS