ATK0110 acpi utility error

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 4, 2005 6:39:48 PM

We use the Asus Vintage AE1 barebone. This BB contains the Asus K8S-MV bord.
Running Windows Home XP SP2 it keeps finding an unknown device (ATK0110 ACPI
utility). The are no drivers on the driver CD and not on the Asus site. With
XP Media Center there is no unknown device.

Please help!

Werner

--
August 7, 2005 5:43:59 PM

In article <42f20971$0$717$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscali.nl>, "Driekes"
<biker_driekes@hotmail.com> wrote:

> We use the Asus Vintage AE1 barebone. This BB contains the Asus K8S-MV bord.
> Running Windows Home XP SP2 it keeps finding an unknown device (ATK0110 ACPI
> utility). The are no drivers on the driver CD and not on the Asus site. With
> XP Media Center there is no unknown device.
>
> Please help!
>
> Werner

ATK0110 is a pseudo-device. It is the ACPI interface to the hardware,
used by the "AI Booster" program. Either install "AI Booster", or
perhaps try Windows Update, and see if there is a driver in
there that can clean up Device Manager for you.

(The ATK stands for AsusTek, meaning ATK0110 is registered to
Asus, for their use as a pseudo-device. It is an alternate means
to access things like the clock generator, or multiplier settings
and the like, when you want to change overclock settings while
sitting in Windows.)

Paul
!