Problem with restarting computer after system restore

when I restarted my pc after doing a Nondestructive System
Recovery on my advent pc (XP home edition). The following
message appears:

NTLDR is compressed
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

When I press ctrl+alt+del, the pc restarts & the same
message appears again.

Please can someone help me what procedures I need to
follow to solve this problem. I'm going round in an
endless loop.

Thank you.

mark henson
1 answer Last reply
More about problem restarting computer system restore

    Wow, usually it is missing, not compressed :)

    Get a Windows 98 bootdisk from www.bootdisk.com, get NTFS for DOS from
    www.sysinternals.com . Boot off the disk and copy NTLDR from the
    C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 folder to your C:\ folder and then
    reboot ;)

    If you don't have this folder, you may need to do a repair operation by
    booting off your Windows XP CD, choose to INSTALL Windows, then press R
    to repair the installation.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Mark Henson wrote:
    > when I restarted my pc after doing a Nondestructive System
    > Recovery on my advent pc (XP home edition). The following
    > message appears:
    >
    > NTLDR is compressed
    > Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
    >
    > When I press ctrl+alt+del, the pc restarts & the same
    > message appears again.
    >
    > Please can someone help me what procedures I need to
    > follow to solve this problem. I'm going round in an
    > endless loop.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > mark henson

Computers System Restore Windows XP