Tualatin Celeron 1.1A and AOpen Slotkey on a P2B-F

Hi folks,

I currently have a P2B-F motherboard running a AOpen slotkey with a Socket
370 Pentium-III 800. I've got a Tualatin processor which I tried to use
rather than the Pentium-III, but with no luck.

From looking browsing through google, I suspect that the pinouts on the
Tualatin processor are different from the Pentium-III processors.

Does anyone know the mod required to get this to work ?

Cheers,
Rajiv.

Rajiv Niles schrieb:

> Hi folks,
>
> I currently have a P2B-F motherboard running a AOpen slotkey with a Socket
> 370 Pentium-III 800. I've got a Tualatin processor which I tried to use
> rather than the Pentium-III, but with no luck.
>
> From looking browsing through google, I suspect that the pinouts on the
> Tualatin processor are different from the Pentium-III processors.
>
> Does anyone know the mod required to get this to work ?

First off, does the slot adapter have a voltage clamp chip on it? From
what I remember, that's pretty much a necessity for a Tualatin mod to
work. As for the mod itself, search for Tualatin mods on the MSI 6905
Master, Asus S370-DL [1] and such. If your current adapter should be a
no-go, Slot-Ts and other cheapo Tualatin slot adapters no longer cost a
fortune these days.

Stephan

[1] like the one found here: http://tipperlinne.com/p2bmod
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 250+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

Paul

Splendid

In article <dd0gkk$ap7$01$1@news.t-online.com>, Stephan Grossklass
<sgrokla-nospam04q2@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Rajiv Niles schrieb:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I currently have a P2B-F motherboard running a AOpen slotkey with a Socket
> > 370 Pentium-III 800. I've got a Tualatin processor which I tried to use
> > rather than the Pentium-III, but with no luck.
> >
> > From looking browsing through google, I suspect that the pinouts on the
> > Tualatin processor are different from the Pentium-III processors.
> >
> > Does anyone know the mod required to get this to work ?
>
> First off, does the slot adapter have a voltage clamp chip on it? From
> what I remember, that's pretty much a necessity for a Tualatin mod to
> work. As for the mod itself, search for Tualatin mods on the MSI 6905
> Master, Asus S370-DL [1] and such. If your current adapter should be a
> no-go, Slot-Ts and other cheapo Tualatin slot adapters no longer cost a
> fortune these days.
>
> Stephan
>
> [1] like the one found here: http://tipperlinne.com/p2bmod

A Slot-T will work, as long as the motherboard regulator can produce
the 1.5V Vcore to run the processor.

http://www.upgradeware.com/english/product/slott/slott.htm

I got mine many eons ago, from this site:

http://www.bytewizecomputers.com/products/7/9/104/1048

Using that thing is a lot easier than hacking up an existing
adapter.

For more info, Roland's FAQ is good:
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/p2b_procupgrade_faq.html

"P2B-F rev. 1.00 with a new voltage regulator chip have pcba
numbers A0A, A0B, A1A, A1B, A2A, A2B, A33, A34, A43, A44,
A53, A54"

Looking at the voltage regulator chip part number, can tell you
whether a request for 1.5V power, can be met by your board. Since
the P3-800 worked for you, chances are the Vreg is the right
type, but read the above FAQ and have a look at the parts on
your board, to be absolutely sure. I actually changed out the
voltage regulator chip on my P2B-S, in order to be able to use
the ultra-cheap Slot-T adapter.

Paul

bill

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 23:46:12 +0800, "Rajiv Niles" <rajiv@rajandlyn.com>
wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I currently have a P2B-F motherboard running a AOpen slotkey with a Socket
>370 Pentium-III 800. I've got a Tualatin processor which I tried to use
>rather than the Pentium-III, but with no luck.
>
>From looking browsing through google, I suspect that the pinouts on the
>Tualatin processor are different from the Pentium-III processors.
>
>Does anyone know the mod required to get this to work ?
>
>Cheers,
>Rajiv.

You could try and find one of those Lin Lin Tualatin adapters.

Until recently I ran a Celeron 1100A stably overclocked to 1466MHz on a
Asus P3V4X with a Lin Lin adapter mounted on an Asus Slocket. It ran
just as well on my P3B-F, similarly overclocked. I even got it up to
1540MHz (FSB =140MHz). Since you already have support for Coppermine
voltages, you may also have Tualatin voltage capability.

There are lots of Lin Lin adapters on eBay. I have seen them at
www.geeks.com for as little as US$2. Unfortunately of the four I
purchased, one was DOA.