Problem. Middle button on new intellimouse

I recently purchased a microsoft intellimouse 5 button
cordless with intellipoint 5.0 drivers

There is no option within the driver to set middle putton
to 'middle button' Neither do other options such as
autoscroll allow for middle button operation which is what
I have used in previous versions of intellimouse. Nor are
there options for the 2 side buttons to be set to
alt/shift or function keys which is what I have previously
used.

For the time being I have reverted to my old mouse but
need to find a way to get this to work as this is to form
part of a future shipment for our company and middle
button operation is integral to our in house fotware.

Thank you for any help.

Ashley
3 answers Last reply
More about problem middle button intellimouse

    Here's the software available for your product. Follow the link to download it.
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/DownloadResult.aspx?prod=m_wom08&os=xp&lang=en&driverVersion=IntelliPoint%205.2

    Download Software
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/download.mspx

    Make sure to uninstall the old mouse software before installing the new version.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Ashley Lane" wrote:

    | I recently purchased a microsoft intellimouse 5 button
    | cordless with intellipoint 5.0 drivers
    |
    | There is no option within the driver to set middle putton
    | to 'middle button' Neither do other options such as
    | autoscroll allow for middle button operation which is what
    | I have used in previous versions of intellimouse. Nor are
    | there options for the 2 side buttons to be set to
    | alt/shift or function keys which is what I have previously
    | used.
    |
    | For the time being I have reverted to my old mouse but
    | need to find a way to get this to work as this is to form
    | part of a future shipment for our company and middle
    | button operation is integral to our in house fotware.
    |
    | Thank you for any help.
    |
    | Ashley

    Carey

    Thanks for the quick response. Sorry to be pedantic but
    will this solve the problem I have? I already have 5.0
    installed.

    The reason I ask is that to get IT to install an update I
    have to walk over broken glass and I don't want to do it
    unless I have to.

    Thanks

    Ashley

    You may have inadvertently selected the wrong mouse model
    when installing the mouse software. I would suggest uninstalling
    the current software, then reinstall it, making sure the correct
    mouse model is selected during installation.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Ashley Lane" wrote:

    | Carey
    |
    | Thanks for the quick response. Sorry to be pedantic but
    | will this solve the problem I have? I already have 5.0
    | installed.
    |
    | The reason I ask is that to get IT to install an update I
    | have to walk over broken glass and I don't want to do it
    | unless I have to.
    |
    | Thanks
    |
    | Ashley

Microsoft Windows XP