Problem with cdrw

September 14, 2004 6:35:47 PM

Since yesterday my hp pavilion pc does not recognise my cdrw. I have tried
looking in device manager and all i get is a yellow circle with a black
exclimation mark against my drive which is a cyberDrv CW088D. I have made
enquiries in another group and have been told that I need to replace my
drive. Can someone more knowledgeable than me please tell me if this is the
case? I should point out that when I look in properties the device status
window displays the following error message:-

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot
find the hardware device. (Code 41)

TIA for any help you can give me.

More about : problem cdrw

Anonymous
September 15, 2004 2:27:03 PM

> Since yesterday my hp pavilion pc does not recognise my cdrw. I have
> tried looking in device manager and all i get is a yellow circle with a
> black exclimation mark against my drive which is a cyberDrv CW088D. I
> have made enquiries in another group and have been told that I need to
> replace my drive. Can someone more knowledgeable than me please tell me
> if this is the case? I should point out that when I look in properties
> the device status window displays the following error message:-
>
> Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but
> cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)
>
> TIA for any help you can give me.

The problem has now been corrected. It was a problem with the registry.
!