Problem with cdrw

Since yesterday my hp pavilion pc does not recognise my cdrw. I have tried
looking in device manager and all i get is a yellow circle with a black
exclimation mark against my drive which is a cyberDrv CW088D. I have made
enquiries in another group and have been told that I need to replace my
drive. Can someone more knowledgeable than me please tell me if this is the
case? I should point out that when I look in properties the device status
window displays the following error message:-

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot
find the hardware device. (Code 41)

TIA for any help you can give me.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem cdrw

    > Since yesterday my hp pavilion pc does not recognise my cdrw. I have
    > tried looking in device manager and all i get is a yellow circle with a
    > black exclimation mark against my drive which is a cyberDrv CW088D. I
    > have made enquiries in another group and have been told that I need to
    > replace my drive. Can someone more knowledgeable than me please tell me
    > if this is the case? I should point out that when I look in properties
    > the device status window displays the following error message:-
    >
    > Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but
    > cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)
    >
    > TIA for any help you can give me.

    The problem has now been corrected. It was a problem with the registry.

Hardware Windows XP