Drivers for K8N8X-LA ?

The *Downloads* section of the Asus website offers nothing on this
socket 754 motherboard. Is there anywhere I can download a set of
drivers and BIOS updates?
1 answer Last reply
More about drivers k8n8x

    In article <dd2a1b$lha$1@news.freedom2surf.net>, Cuzman
    <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote:

    > The *Downloads* section of the Asus website offers nothing on this
    > socket 754 motherboard. Is there anywhere I can download a set of
    > drivers and BIOS updates?

    It is an OEM board. Asus may make the board, but HP/Compaq is
    responsible for support. Normally, there would be a "recovery
    CD" or the like, that comes with the computer. Try looking
    around the HP site and see if they have separate driver
    files - I don't know if they support their users that way
    or not. The K8N8X-LA hardware page is here:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00223155

    Finding drivers is not particularly a problem, as long as you can
    identify the part numbers on the chips, and you have some idea
    of what drivers are normally used on a motherboard.

    For example, you could used the Nforce3 250 chipset drivers
    from here (click "All"):

    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?Type=All&model=K8N

    The K8N has an ALC850 AC'97 sound chip, and the sound driver has
    to match the Southbridge and the AC'97 sound chip type. It is
    possible the K8N sound driver has drivers for both ALC650 and
    ALC850 - if not, you'll have to snoop around and find a better
    match. You could check the MSI web site, Giga-byte, and so
    on, for an Nforce3 board with an ALC650 chip connected to it.

    For Firewire, there is probably enough adherence to standards,
    that the OS driver will be enough to get it to work.

    For BIOS updates, get those from HP. The OEM hardware design
    may not match any Asus product well enough to work properly,
    and you might have some difficulties due to the ID check
    done by the BIOS flashing tools. All it would take is for
    the BIOS code to sit in an error loop, for a flashed
    "foreign" BIOS to cause the board to no longer POST. Not
    worth the risk, unless you own the appropriate type of
    BIOS Savior (ioss.com.tw).

    In terms of headers, jumper settings and the like, some things
    on the OEM boards are designed to HP's specifications, while
    others are closer to an industry standard. Stick with any HP
    documentation you can find, to figure out anything like that.

    Paul

Asus Drivers Motherboards