IBM 390x laptop numeric keypad issue

a b D Laptop
September 14, 2004 1:41:34 PM

I installed a new copy of Windows XP Professional onto an
IBM 390x (model 2626-M0U) laptop.

I can log in fine, either as Administrator or as any
user. However, once I'm logged in, the laptop acts
in "reverse" for the numeric keypad that's printed over
some of the right hand keys (u-i-o-p, j-k-l-;, m-,-.-/).
If I hold down the "Fn" key - which is what would usually
cause the numeric keypad to work, the normal letters come
up instead of the numbers.

Obviously this is quite annoying. It's odd, too, as
we've been running XP on these laptops for years and not
had any issues, but we're running a newer version with
many of the patches rolled in.

Any help (preferably CC-ed to my e-mail) would be greatly
appreciated. Have a great day.

Sean
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 14, 2004 2:47:42 PM

Amazingly simple solution I managed to find on the IBM
web site.

Shift + NumLck

Log out, then log back in, and it's fixed.

/).

!