Realtek Equalizer and CD Audio

Realtek AC'97 ACL850 on a A8N-SLI Deluxe.
Has any one got the graphic Equalizer or Environment in Asus/Realtek's Sound
Effect Manager to work with CD Audio? It works when playing WAVs etc but not
when playing CDs, which is what it was mainly for I would have thought.

Mark
1 answer Last reply
More about realtek equalizer audio

    On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 18:10 +0100 (BST), no.mail@reply.here (Mark) wrote:

    >Realtek AC'97 ACL850 on a A8N-SLI Deluxe.
    >Has any one got the graphic Equalizer or Environment in Asus/Realtek's Sound
    >Effect Manager to work with CD Audio? It works when playing WAVs etc but not
    >when playing CDs, which is what it was mainly for I would have thought.
    >
    >Mark

    Mine doesn't work, either. HOWEVER, I did install the nVidia Mixer
    software that came with my A8N-SLI Premium, and when I'm playing a CD
    with the Realtek Audiorak software, the nVidia Mixer's equalizer works
    very nicely.

    Have you installed the nVidia applet or the nVidia sound drivers that
    are part of the nForce chipset driver package? If so, it appears that
    they usurp equalizer control. If not, then I don't think I can make
    any other suggestions.

    Ron

Asus Realtek CD-Rom Audio Motherboards