P5GD2 LINE-IN and MIC missing on mixer panel

Hallo,
I'd like to receive some suggestion about this problem:

MB P5GD2, WIndows Xp sp2 installed just now, driver C-Media 9880 from ASUS
CD included in package.

There are only 4 slider on panel (main, CD, wave, PC) and I can't show
others like LINE IN, MIC and AUX.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Marco
--
------
Attenzione: indirizzo e-mail non valido

    "MarBet" <mabelo@COGNACinwind.it.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hallo,
    > I'd like to receive some suggestion about this problem:
    >
    > MB P5GD2, WIndows Xp sp2 installed just now, driver C-Media 9880 from ASUS
    > CD included in package.
    >
    > There are only 4 slider on panel (main, CD, wave, PC) and I can't show
    > others like LINE IN, MIC and AUX.
    >
    > Do you have any idea?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
    >
    > Marco
    > --
    > ------
    > Attenzione: indirizzo e-mail non valido
    > (per rispondere togliere gli alcolici e il suffiso invalid)

    Marbet,
    On my P5AD2E-Premium, which also has this sound chip, it seems you can't
    display both input and output together; bring up the panel, then click
    options, properties, then either playback or recording; recording shows the
    items you're looking for. Not particularly intuitive, I know, but...
    Regards,
    Steve.

    Hello Steve,

    > On my P5AD2E-Premium, which also has this sound chip, it seems you can't
    > display both input and output together; bring up the panel, then click
    > options, properties, then either playback or recording; recording shows
    the
    > items you're looking for. Not particularly intuitive, I know, but...

    thank you for answer.

    Problem is that, opening panel you describe, only three options ara
    available, either for playback or recording.

    Bye

    Marco

    > Hello Steve,
    >
    >> On my P5AD2E-Premium, which also has this sound chip, it seems you can't
    >> display both input and output together; bring up the panel, then click
    >> options, properties, then either playback or recording; recording shows
    > the
    >> items you're looking for. Not particularly intuitive, I know, but...
    >
    > thank you for answer.
    >
    > Problem is that, opening panel you describe, only three options ara
    > available, either for playback or recording.
    >
    > Bye
    >
    > Marco

    Marco,
    I admit I've never really looked at this much, and, of course, my
    motherboard is different to yours; however, I have an icon in the
    notification area (near the clock) named Xear 3D. This brings up the C-Media
    3D Audio Configuration panel, and then under the Mixer tab, I have the main
    Volume and Balance control, followed by sliders for Wave, SW Synth and CD
    Player. Under this, are the Record sliders, which provide SPDIF In,
    Microphone, CD Player, Line In and Wave. The Information tab shows Audio
    Driver version 5.12.01.0008.51 (61). At the bottom, it says C-Media 3D Audio
    Configuration Ver. 1.0.43.5. Could it be that you simply haven't got all the
    drivers installed? To be fair, I did download the latest drivers from the
    Asus website; I don't normally rely on the drivers on the motherboard CD,
    since they're often out of date.
    HTH, Regards,
    Steve.

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 18:24:08 GMT, "MarBet"
    <mabelo@COGNACinwind.it.invalid> wrote:

    >Hallo,
    >I'd like to receive some suggestion about this problem:
    >
    >MB P5GD2, WIndows Xp sp2 installed just now, driver C-Media 9880 from ASUS
    >CD included in package.
    >
    >There are only 4 slider on panel (main, CD, wave, PC) and I can't show
    >others like LINE IN, MIC and AUX.
    >
    >Do you have any idea?
    >
    >Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
    >
    >Marco

    Hi,

    I have a MB (P5GDCde luxe) with the same soundchip and C-media
    software.
    I believe only sliders are shown for inputs that are available. And
    available means selected in the input/output selection screen (this is
    where you select the connection types for the different
    connectors/plugs). Also i believe that the chip actual have to sensor
    an input/output connection.

    I agree with a comment that the software is not realy intuitive. It is
    not possible to have sound from several inputs at the same time.
    And i still do not understand the 'monitoring' function (this is were
    you can only select one channel to monitor).

    Hope this helps a little bit.

    Butch

    Hallo steve, hallo Butch,
    I don't have the PC here at the moment but I'll try your suggestion next
    days and will post restults.

    Bye

    Marco

Asus CD-Rom Windows XP Motherboards