Logitech MX1000

Re: Logitech MX1000 with Windows XP

Why is it that Logitech says in the instructions to connect this mouse
to the PS2 port in 'desktop PC', and USB for a 'Notebook PC'?
I was going to e-mail Logitech, and ask them if a USB connection would be
okay
for this mouse, but maybe someone knows why.

Also, it doesn't say if the mouse should be turned off daily or left on and
in the charger. I was going to ask them this as well; for now I will turn it
off.

Thanks,
QZ

bar

Just their way of avoiding problems.

Most desktop PC do not have BIOS set to enable USB mouse support as a
default and you'll need to do this if the mouse will be recognised.

Of course USB is a good option, however if it has a PS/2 adapter plug, then
why waste a USB port which is needed for cameras, scanners, printers, modems,
external hard drive etc.

Leave the thing on! One day for sure you'll forget to turn it on b4 you
power up the PC and then have all sorts of problems trying to use the PC
without a mouse [unless you are experience in managing Windows without a
mouse].