On a new install of Win XP SP2 I think I accidental changed something
and now Im getting the Windows Log on screen. Im a single user and do
not want that.
I forgot how to turn that off.

Also I have Zone Alarm and turned off Windows Firewall but that keeps
on bugging me about it, how do I turn that off.

Hi

If you want to bypass the Welcome screen, try this:

From Start>Run type in

control userpasswords2

then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log On' -
delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your
account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way out
and then reboot your system.

Or you can use Tweak UI:

You can download TweakUI from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp and when
installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to
Logon>Autologon.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User