Proper Setings for ASUS PC Probe?

I've installed the ASUS monitoring software off the CD for my new P5WD2
motherboard, but I have no idea what the temperature operating range
should be for my CPU.

I have a P$ 775, 3.4 MHz, with HT. Not the pocket rocket chip.

What should be the "threshold" upper temp range for this CPU? Is there a
look-up source?

And MBM doesn't have my motherboard listed yet...

Thanks.

Ed

http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/products/box_processors/desktop/proc_dsk_p4/technical_reference/99346.htm

Ed wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 06:53:24 -0400, "Harry.Krause" <harry.krause@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've installed the ASUS monitoring software off the CD for my new P5WD2
>> motherboard, but I have no idea what the temperature operating range
>> should be for my CPU.
>>
>> I have a P$ 775, 3.4 MHz, with HT. Not the pocket rocket chip.
>>
>> What should be the "threshold" upper temp range for this CPU? Is there a
>> look-up source?
>>
>> And MBM doesn't have my motherboard listed yet...
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/products/box_processors/desktop/proc_dsk_p4/technical_reference/99346.htm

Thanks, but as far as I can see, that data discusses the temp of the
ambient air inside the case above the processor, but does not actually
say what the proper upper temp limits for the CPU are...

But maybe I just missed that part?