Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 2, 2004 12:23:52 AM

I have a HP DeskJet 712C parallel port printer. It's a nice machine
that I've owned since Dec. 1998. However, it's slow as molasses and I'm
thinking about getting a faster, USB printer next month. Just for
comparison purposes, how many pages per minute can the 712C print out, B&W
and color?

More about : stats 712c

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 2, 2004 12:23:53 AM

"HistoryFan" <nospam!@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a HP DeskJet 712C parallel port printer. It's a nice machine
> that I've owned since Dec. 1998. However, it's slow as molasses and I'm
> thinking about getting a faster, USB printer next month. Just for
> comparison purposes, how many pages per minute can the 712C print out, B&W
> and color?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=e...
has the specs. In draft mode it is rated at 6ppm black, 1ppm color. By
comparison the $129 Deskjet 5650 at
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/ho/WF06b/18972-236...
is rated 21 ppm black and 15 ppm color (in comparable draft modes).

Regards,

a b α HP
June 2, 2004 1:01:23 AM

I too have owned a 712c for a number of years and its stood well. Does
the job ... but , yes slow. And I have a devil of a time getting it to
work correctly with various distributions of Linux , and the BSD's.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=587...

this link seems to have a lot of info that you are looking for.