Need stats about HP 712C

I have a HP DeskJet 712C parallel port printer. It's a nice machine
that I've owned since Dec. 1998. However, it's slow as molasses and I'm
thinking about getting a faster, USB printer next month. Just for
comparison purposes, how many pages per minute can the 712C print out, B&W
and color?

"HistoryFan" <nospam!@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a HP DeskJet 712C parallel port printer. It's a nice machine
> that I've owned since Dec. 1998. However, it's slow as molasses and I'm
> thinking about getting a faster, USB printer next month. Just for
> comparison purposes, how many pages per minute can the 712C print out, B&W
> and color?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd05815
has the specs. In draft mode it is rated at 6ppm black, 1ppm color. By
comparison the $129 Deskjet 5650 at
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/ho/WF06b/18972-236251-236261-14438-f25-304441-304446-304447.html
is rated 21 ppm black and 15 ppm color (in comparable draft modes).

Regards,