Need stats about HP 712C

I have a HP DeskJet 712C parallel port printer. It's a nice machine
that I've owned since Dec. 1998. However, it's slow as molasses and I'm
thinking about getting a faster, USB printer next month. Just for
comparison purposes, how many pages per minute can the 712C print out, B&W
and color?
2 answers Last reply
More about need stats 712c

    "HistoryFan" <nospam!@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > I have a HP DeskJet 712C parallel port printer. It's a nice machine
    > that I've owned since Dec. 1998. However, it's slow as molasses and I'm
    > thinking about getting a faster, USB printer next month. Just for
    > comparison purposes, how many pages per minute can the 712C print out, B&W
    > and color?

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd05815
    has the specs. In draft mode it is rated at 6ppm black, 1ppm color. By
    comparison the $129 Deskjet 5650 at
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/ho/WF06b/18972-236251-236261-14438-f25-304441-304446-304447.html
    is rated 21 ppm black and 15 ppm color (in comparable draft modes).

    Regards,

    I too have owned a 712c for a number of years and its stood well. Does
    the job ... but , yes slow. And I have a devil of a time getting it to
    work correctly with various distributions of Linux , and the BSD's.

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=58747&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bpd05815

    this link seems to have a lot of info that you are looking for.

Printers Hewlett Packard Parallel Port Peripherals