P5WD2 Premium and PC Probe

Andre

I don't knw why but PC probe takes sometimes a very long time to pop up.
It's about 2 minutes really.

And also, the CPU idle temperature shown is about 60°C.
And reaches the 75°C by playing games or compressing DivX files.
I use a Zalman 7700cu.

Is this temparture real ?
It seems very hot for a P4 550 (3.4 GHz 1Mb)

What's the problem ?
What can I do ?

Thanks

Andre

Andre wrote:
> I don't knw why but PC probe takes sometimes a very long time to pop up.
> It's about 2 minutes really.
>
> And also, the CPU idle temperature shown is about 60°C.
> And reaches the 75°C by playing games or compressing DivX files.
> I use a Zalman 7700cu.
>
> Is this temparture real ?
> It seems very hot for a P4 550 (3.4 GHz 1Mb)
>
> What's the problem ?
> What can I do ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andre

I've got the same MB, and noticed that PC PRobe II takes a long time to
boot. I have the same CPU as you have, and the bios temp probe shows
57.6C on idle. Also, the bios fan speed meter shows one of the fans
turning at about 1000 rpm but it is highlighted in red. I have no idea
what that means.

I suggest that you go into the bios and make sure that the fans are working
at at least a 1 to 1 ratio. There is a setting that allows you to set the
speed of them.