Keyboard not in device manager

Has anyone encountered a problem where the computer does not see the keyboard?

upon install of win xp pro ... after one of the numberous reboots during
installing xp, the keyboard would not work. Checking in the device manager,
it does not even show a keyboard.

All six of my USB ports and the one ps2 port ... where I plugin my keyboard
do not seem to be able to see the keyboard (or anything else for that matter,
like printer).

Appreciate any suggestions ... thanks

Rick

Install the latest chipset (motherboard) drivers. If you don't know
what motherboard you have, get Everest Home from www.lavalys.com and use
that to find out. It should also offer a link to the drivers for you :)

----
Nathan McNulty