A8N-SLI Deluxe Not Running Correct Speed

I just set this up this week and noticed it's not very fast.
System Properties reports 1000 MHz. CPU-Z reports
Core Speed 1005 MHz and Multiplier X 5.0
BIOS reports correctly 2000 MHz and CPU frequency
200 MHz.
I have not tried to overclock and left the BIOS alone
in that regard. Overclock Profile in BIOS - STANDARD
or AUTO makes no difference.
What am I missing?

Larry

A8N-SLI Deluxe
Venice 3200+
G Force 6600GT
1 Gig Corsair XMS PC 3200
Hitachi 250 Gig SATA II
480 Watt Thermaltake
Windows XP SP2
BIOS 1011
5 answers Last reply
More about deluxe running correct speed

    "Larry" <k5zh@sox.net> wrote in message
    >I just set this up this week and noticed it's not very fast.
    > System Properties reports 1000 MHz. CPU-Z reports
    > Core Speed 1005 MHz and Multiplier X 5.0
    > BIOS reports correctly 2000 MHz and CPU frequency
    > 200 MHz.
    > I have not tried to overclock and left the BIOS alone
    > in that regard. Overclock Profile in BIOS - STANDARD
    > or AUTO makes no difference.
    > What am I missing?
    >
    > Larry
    >
    > A8N-SLI Deluxe
    > Venice 3200+
    > G Force 6600GT
    > 1 Gig Corsair XMS PC 3200
    > Hitachi 250 Gig SATA II
    > 480 Watt Thermaltake
    > Windows XP SP2
    > BIOS 1011

    Do you have cool & quiet enabled in the BIOS?

    > Do you have cool & quiet enabled in the BIOS?

    Yes, and I have the software installed in Windows.
    I considered this but did not know if this affected
    what Windows would report. I didn't think it would
    reduce the cpu by half.

    >> Do you have cool & quiet enabled in the BIOS?
    >
    > Yes, and I have the software installed in Windows.
    > I considered this but did not know if this affected
    > what Windows would report. I didn't think it would
    > reduce the cpu by half.

    Disable it in the BIOS.
    That is your problem.
    My 3500+ drops to 1000MHz using only 1.075 volts when I enable C&Q in the
    BIOS.

    "Pete M Williams" <postmaster@localhost> wrote in message > Disable it in
    the BIOS.
    > That is your problem.
    > My 3500+ drops to 1000MHz using only 1.075 volts when I enable C&Q in the
    > BIOS.

    I don't know anything about this C & Q but if it's not going to cause a
    problem I might just keep it running. I was watching CPU-Z while
    launching an application and the speed & multiplier jumped up
    immediately to the correct speed then dropped back to 1000 MHz.
    Have there been any posts about it causing problems?

    > "Pete M Williams" <postmaster@localhost> wrote in message > Disable it in
    > the BIOS.
    >> That is your problem.
    >> My 3500+ drops to 1000MHz using only 1.075 volts when I enable C&Q in the
    >> BIOS.
    >
    > I don't know anything about this C & Q but if it's not going to cause a
    > problem I might just keep it running. I was watching CPU-Z while
    > launching an application and the speed & multiplier jumped up
    > immediately to the correct speed then dropped back to 1000 MHz.
    > Have there been any posts about it causing problems?

    All C&Q does is underclock your CPU (only when the CPU is idle) by dropping
    the volts and the multiplier.
    Because the CPU gets less volts, its temperature is a lot less so the CPU
    fan can run slower and quieter.
    If you do a task that requires lots of processing power, then C&Q ups both
    the volts and the multiplier to normal.

    The only people that seem to have issues with C&Q are overclockers.
    So unless you are overclocking your system C&Q "should" do no harm

Asus Overclocking BIOS Motherboards