Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A8N-SLI Deluxe Not Running Correct Speed

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Overclocking
  • BIOS
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
August 12, 2005 11:33:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

I just set this up this week and noticed it's not very fast.
System Properties reports 1000 MHz. CPU-Z reports
Core Speed 1005 MHz and Multiplier X 5.0
BIOS reports correctly 2000 MHz and CPU frequency
200 MHz.
I have not tried to overclock and left the BIOS alone
in that regard. Overclock Profile in BIOS - STANDARD
or AUTO makes no difference.
What am I missing?

Larry

A8N-SLI Deluxe
Venice 3200+
G Force 6600GT
1 Gig Corsair XMS PC 3200
Hitachi 250 Gig SATA II
480 Watt Thermaltake
Windows XP SP2
BIOS 1011

More about : a8n sli deluxe running correct speed

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
August 13, 2005 5:59:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

"Larry" <k5zh@sox.net> wrote in message
news:idbLe.7276$Pl1.4659@okepread02...
>I just set this up this week and noticed it's not very fast.
> System Properties reports 1000 MHz. CPU-Z reports
> Core Speed 1005 MHz and Multiplier X 5.0
> BIOS reports correctly 2000 MHz and CPU frequency
> 200 MHz.
> I have not tried to overclock and left the BIOS alone
> in that regard. Overclock Profile in BIOS - STANDARD
> or AUTO makes no difference.
> What am I missing?
>
> Larry
>
> A8N-SLI Deluxe
> Venice 3200+
> G Force 6600GT
> 1 Gig Corsair XMS PC 3200
> Hitachi 250 Gig SATA II
> 480 Watt Thermaltake
> Windows XP SP2
> BIOS 1011
>
>

Do you have cool & quiet enabled in the BIOS?
August 13, 2005 5:59:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

>
> Do you have cool & quiet enabled in the BIOS?

Yes, and I have the software installed in Windows.
I considered this but did not know if this affected
what Windows would report. I didn't think it would
reduce the cpu by half.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
August 13, 2005 7:16:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

"Larry" <k5zh@sox.net> wrote in message
news:HVbLe.7278$Pl1.3784@okepread02...
> >
>> Do you have cool & quiet enabled in the BIOS?
>
> Yes, and I have the software installed in Windows.
> I considered this but did not know if this affected
> what Windows would report. I didn't think it would
> reduce the cpu by half.
>
>

Disable it in the BIOS.
That is your problem.
My 3500+ drops to 1000MHz using only 1.075 volts when I enable C&Q in the
BIOS.
August 13, 2005 7:16:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

"Pete M Williams" <postmaster@localhost> wrote in message > Disable it in
the BIOS.
> That is your problem.
> My 3500+ drops to 1000MHz using only 1.075 volts when I enable C&Q in the
> BIOS.

I don't know anything about this C & Q but if it's not going to cause a
problem I might just keep it running. I was watching CPU-Z while
launching an application and the speed & multiplier jumped up
immediately to the correct speed then dropped back to 1000 MHz.
Have there been any posts about it causing problems?
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
August 13, 2005 8:55:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

"Larry" <k5zh@sox.net> wrote in message
news:7NdLe.7279$Pl1.2845@okepread02...
>
> "Pete M Williams" <postmaster@localhost> wrote in message > Disable it in
> the BIOS.
>> That is your problem.
>> My 3500+ drops to 1000MHz using only 1.075 volts when I enable C&Q in the
>> BIOS.
>
> I don't know anything about this C & Q but if it's not going to cause a
> problem I might just keep it running. I was watching CPU-Z while
> launching an application and the speed & multiplier jumped up
> immediately to the correct speed then dropped back to 1000 MHz.
> Have there been any posts about it causing problems?
>
>

All C&Q does is underclock your CPU (only when the CPU is idle) by dropping
the volts and the multiplier.
Because the CPU gets less volts, its temperature is a lot less so the CPU
fan can run slower and quieter.
If you do a task that requires lots of processing power, then C&Q ups both
the volts and the multiplier to normal.

The only people that seem to have issues with C&Q are overclockers.
So unless you are overclocking your system C&Q "should" do no harm
!