Printer installation Cannot create a file when that file a..

I help administer a three computer peer-to-peer network
running Windows XP Home Edition. All printers are
shared. Most are connected directly to a computer via
USB.

At some point ~3 months ago, one of the computers refused
to install software for a new printer, regardless of
installing it locally or via network connection. It gave
a message "Cannot create a file when that file already
exists." at the very end of the installation process.
Since then, I can't install any printers for that
computer (I get the same error message), regardless of
manufacturer... even printers I had previously installed,
but moved to another computer.

All the other computers work fine and dandy.

Any suggestions???

Did you uninstall the printer correctly?

www.coribright.com