hard drive controller - upgrade to XP

greetings. I'm considering upgrading to XP. I have XP on another machine and
it looks like I need it on both in order for my networked printer to work.

I'm upgrading from W98 to XP. I did a compatibility check through MS site.
It tells me, among other things, that my Hard disk controllers "might need
additional files in order to work with Windows XP." I guess the the item is:
Storage Adapter Bridge Module (MXO).

Can anybody tell me if this is likely to be a problem?

thanks
Kozmo

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hard disk controllers are on the motherboard. Check that web site for XP
upgrades and drivers. Same if it's a plug-in controller card.

"Kozmo" <kozmo@ranchofraunch.com> wrote in message
> greetings. I'm considering upgrading to XP. I have XP on another machine
> and
> it looks like I need it on both in order for my networked printer to work.
>
> I'm upgrading from W98 to XP. I did a compatibility check through MS site.
> It tells me, among other things, that my Hard disk controllers "might need
> additional files in order to work with Windows XP." I guess the the item
> is:
> Storage Adapter Bridge Module (MXO).
>
> Can anybody tell me if this is likely to be a problem?
>
> thanks
> Kozmo

TRENDING THREADS