Disk Management can't change/remove drive letters. How to ..

After an install of Roxio EZ-CD-creator scrambled my drive letters, I
found the change/remove items in Disk Management greyed out:
http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/DiskMan.jpg
I finally changed them back by editing
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices
in the registry.
I'm still trying to figure out how to enable the change/remove buttons
in DM though.
Any ideas on how to fix it?

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

You can hit Add.. button - what's then?
Check the Permissions on MountedDevices key.

"Jetro" <ik9480@spam.rogers.com> wrote:

>You can hit Add.. button - what's then?
>Check the Permissions on MountedDevices key.

Add is active, I can add a new letter, but not delete it.

The MoutedDevices permissions shows full control for everyone but
creator owner.

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

"Jetro" <ik9480@spam.rogers.com> wrote:

>You can hit Add.. button - what's then?
>Check the Permissions on MountedDevices key.

Also, I just noticed that the change/delete buttons are active for
CD-ROM drives, It's just fixed disks that have them ghosted out.

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

My MountedDevices permissions are as follow:

Users and Power Users - R
Administrators - FC
System - FC
Creator Owner - FC on subkeys only

All the permissions are inherited. The Owner is Administrators.

"Jetro" <ik9480@spam.rogers.com> wrote:

>My MountedDevices permissions are as follow:
>
>Users and Power Users - R
>Administrators - FC
>System - FC
>Creator Owner - FC on subkeys only
>
>All the permissions are inherited. The Owner is Administrators.

CREATOR OWNER FC NI SO
Users FC NI TS
Users R M/S TS
Administrators FC M/S TS
SYSTEM FC M/S TS
CREATOR OWNER FC M/S SO
http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/Permissions.jpg
The duplicate entries show up only in the advanced window. In the
basic permissions window, it only shows the four groups.

My laptop's permissions are the same as yours, except that there's no
"users and power users" group in it (or the problem system).

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

What Roxio version is it and did you install plain Creator only or a full
package?
Uninstall Roxio s/w completely and roll back System State to the date prior
Roxio initial installation.