keep getting disconnected

i have a problem with my wireless connection. All of a sudden it's started
to say that my network isn't in range then about 30 seconds later it connects
back but only for about a minute or so at most and then it's gone again. Any
ideas on what's going on?
5 answers Last reply
More about keep disconnected

    see my msg previous

    mike

    "drifter" <drifter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i have a problem with my wireless connection. All of a sudden it's
    started
    > to say that my network isn't in range then about 30 seconds later it
    connects
    > back but only for about a minute or so at most and then it's gone again.
    Any
    > ideas on what's going on?

    Make sure you have 802.1x authentication disabled for your wireless
    connextion.
    1. Double Click on your wireless network connection in the system tray
    2. Click on Properties
    3. Click on the Wireless Networks Tab
    4. In the Prefered Networks window, Click on your Network
    5. Click on Properties
    6. Click on the Authentication Tab
    7. Uncheck the box next to Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this
    network
    8. Click OK

    That should do it.

    Robert....
    "drifter" <drifter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i have a problem with my wireless connection. All of a sudden it's started
    > to say that my network isn't in range then about 30 seconds later it
    > connects
    > back but only for about a minute or so at most and then it's gone again.
    > Any
    > ideas on what's going on?

    I'm having the same problem and it started all of the
    sudden! The problem is intermitten and some days doesn't
    occur at all, there's no rhyme or reason that I can see.
    I read the advice you were given and checked my settings
    but it didn't apply (802.1x Authentication was not
    enabled.) Any other things I can look into?

    If it started "All of a sudden" then look for something NEW in the area that
    is generating interference or blocking the signal.

    Try changing channels, but if that does not get rid of the problem then you
    need to look for things like wireless telephones, other wireless networks,
    improperly shielded electric motors, microwave ovens, bad ballast on a
    fluorescent light, kid with a wireless remote-control toy, etc. Also look
    for something that is coming between you and the access point that might be
    blocking the signal. Look for things like something metallic, something
    electronic or electrical, something with wires, even mylar balloons (someone
    here got a mylar balloon bouquet for Valentines Day - they are really pretty
    but they really screw up the wireless signal at her desk!).

    Good Luck,
    --
    William L. Whipple
    EZine.Com

    "JamesP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having the same problem and it started all of the
    > sudden! The problem is intermitten and some days doesn't
    > occur at all, there's no rhyme or reason that I can see.
    > I read the advice you were given and checked my settings
    > but it didn't apply (802.1x Authentication was not
    > enabled.) Any other things I can look into?

    interference, change channel.

    mike

    "JamesP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having the same problem and it started all of the
    > sudden! The problem is intermitten and some days doesn't
    > occur at all, there's no rhyme or reason that I can see.
    > I read the advice you were given and checked my settings
    > but it didn't apply (802.1x Authentication was not
    > enabled.) Any other things I can look into?

Wireless Connection Wireless Networking