Elite Desktop Login XP Freeze

I have recently purcahsed a Microsfot Destop Elite
Wireless Keyboard and mouse set. I think it is an
excellent product if it didn't have the following fault.

This Fault incidentely seems to be on other newsgroups,
but no solutions have been found (Non Microsoft
Newsgroups).

When I log on to XP and it asks me for my login details
(Password etc) the mouse works fine, but as soon as i
press anything on the keyboard both periphals freeze. I
then have to restart the machine. This usually requires
several reboots until the keyboard is finally accpted, and
I can log on. Once i'm in it works like a dream!

I have the latest drivers!
I have tried the usb & Ps2 connections.
i have swapped keyboard and mouse round.
I ave tried changing the channel.
I have re installed it many times.
XP boots normally with a non wireless product!

Has anybody else experienced this?

How do I fix this problem????
4 answers Last reply
More about elite desktop login freeze

    How are you hooking it up to your computer?
    PS/2 or USB?

    Try it in PS/2 mode.

    You may also want to make sure you have the latest bios and motherboard
    chipset drivers (and USB filter drivers if applicable) since the issue may
    lie somewhere that is involved with your USB ports.

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "Ant Man" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have recently purcahsed a Microsfot Destop Elite
    > Wireless Keyboard and mouse set. I think it is an
    > excellent product if it didn't have the following fault.
    >
    > This Fault incidentely seems to be on other newsgroups,
    > but no solutions have been found (Non Microsoft
    > Newsgroups).
    >
    > When I log on to XP and it asks me for my login details
    > (Password etc) the mouse works fine, but as soon as i
    > press anything on the keyboard both periphals freeze. I
    > then have to restart the machine. This usually requires
    > several reboots until the keyboard is finally accpted, and
    > I can log on. Once i'm in it works like a dream!
    >
    > I have the latest drivers!
    > I have tried the usb & Ps2 connections.
    > i have swapped keyboard and mouse round.
    > I ave tried changing the channel.
    > I have re installed it many times.
    > XP boots normally with a non wireless product!
    >
    > Has anybody else experienced this?
    >
    > How do I fix this problem????

    I appreciate the help but I have already stated I have
    tried all the possible connwction combinations!!!!

    Also I have tried uninstalling them completely! Any other
    ideas???????

    I have also tried the below
    AAlso I forget to mention on a previous reply that I have
    mostly tried the PS2 method anyway as it is my preferred
    connection!

    Grab a regular Keyboard, unplug the wireless reciever,
    plug in the
    regular keyboard, uninstall the MS Software, remove the
    devices from
    Device Manager (Start-Run-Devmgmt.msc) if they are still
    there. Now
    install the drivers from the link below, reboot, then
    plug in the
    transciever, press the connect button on the reciever,
    then the connect
    button on the mouse and keyboard.

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/9/E/F9ED1BA8-
    4233-43C4-A915-8107CF84869A/ITP5_2Eng.exe
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/C/0/7C07FB08-
    CA20-4405-B090-F4D1980DBB77/IP5_2Eng.exe

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Hi Group,

    >> I am out of ideas?!

    Just a brief recapitulation of the problem. Yes, I'm another one,
    just with a Logitech cordless optical desktop. And with XP SP2 -
    and I strongly feel it is a bug in SP2 'cause everything went
    just fine with XP SP1. The problem started the day I installed SP2

    So I think it is not an option to have the desktop hardware
    replaced but WinXP needs a patch (another one) to correctly work
    with cordless input devices.

    OTOH - I'm kinda delighted to read that it won't work even with a
    MS product (somehow reminds me of OE which creates file formats
    it is unable to read again ...)

    Cheers,
    Uli

    --
    Antworten bitte an: u.lachmuth<AT>bluemail<DOT>ch oder in der NG
    SQUONK ist eine Spam-Falle - Sorry for the inconvenience!

Windows XP Keyboards