PCI modem driver

My modem worked fine until I was forced to repair
(update) Win XP Pro. After update modem responded to
query, but would not dial from Outlook or ACT. I
uninstalled driver & let "find new hardware' detect.
Attempting to install driver I got the "could not
install..." message. I've looked everywhere for the
driver or advice on fixing the problem, but have found
nothing useful.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Warren

Fitz

Does the error message include the phrase "invalid data"? Is there an error
code given with it?

Fitz

No, at the end of the driver update wizard it says "Can
not install this hardware" an "The hardware was not
installed because the wizard an not find the necessary
software"

Warren

Quite often the driver for this type modem is required to be installed
prior to the system seeing the hardware for the first time. It is
essential to follow the installation instructions to the letter to have
a successful outcome.