Printers clogged since moving: Help!

Hi -

I recently moved (ie the kind of move where a van takes everything you
own, shakes it around a lot, and dumps it in a new house!).

Since moving, both my epson ink jet printers (Epson Stylus C80 and
Epson Stylus 640) are showing lots of clogged jets (gaps on the head
cleaning test pattern). I've tried using the head cleaning utility
several times on each, but the gap pattern doesn't improve at all, and
of course, I'm wasting lots of ink.

Did I make a mistake to leave the cartridges in during the move? Have
I done permanent damage to the printers or is there some way to remedy
this?

Thanks for any help!
If possible, please cc: any reply to Jasper@mpi.com

Michael Jasper

In article <ed5f931a.0406012018.42230d46@posting.google.com>,
Jasper@mpi.com (MIchael Jasper) wrote:

> I recently moved (ie the kind of move where a van takes everything you
> own, shakes it around a lot, and dumps it in a new house!).
>
> Since moving, both my epson ink jet printers (Epson Stylus C80 and
> Epson Stylus 640) are showing lots of clogged jets (gaps on the head
> cleaning test pattern). I've tried using the head cleaning utility
> several times on each, but the gap pattern doesn't improve at all, and
> of course, I'm wasting lots of ink.
>
> Did I make a mistake to leave the cartridges in during the move?

Check the owner's manuals for the printers (available online). The C80
requires that the cartridges stay in during transport, so that was fine.

The C80 has always been a weak printer with respect to clogging. Mine
finally clogged up for good last week, so I dumped it for a C84. Much
nicer print quality on the C84.

I also bought the Epson pocket print server, which is a no-brainer.
This thing works great to network this inkjet to every computer in my
household (5 at current count).