Edward

I think this is the right section for this. But Im not
really sure what I have done but somehow there is no
sound at all, there isnt even the little speaker icon in
the bottem right corner to turn the volume up. I hope
someone can help!!

Edward, head over to Classic Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices>In
Volume make sure that the Place volume icon in
Taskbar is checked. And click Advanced make sure you don't have any of
the mute boxes checked and the sliders are up half
way at least. Check Hardware for any yellow marks or missing audio codecs
and drivers.